Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...budget-naked-group-test-teaser/?&R=EPI-106099

You might have to paste that long URL, but it brings you to a shoot off (a short shoot off) of mid sized bikes, and a Galdius launch review. The initial impression of the bike was OK, but the comparison of mid sized bikes was not gung ho on the gladius. I guess the jury is still out.

I'm bike shopping at the moment, and am leaning toward a 2008 naked SV more so than the gladius, but maybe lightening will strike when i head in to the dealer's

Anotehr link to the video review: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...09-suzuki-gladius-launch-video/?&R=EPI-106089

Barry

·
Registered
104 Posts
The gladius is growing on me, but it's no SV.
:(

Shame I won't ever have the opportunity to buy a brand new 1 or 2g SV. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Anyone who wants to continue the debate as to why the changes only needs to look at all 4 bikes to see where bike styling is going towards. And yes that even means right down to those passenger pegs that are giving everyone fits. The Gladius looks right at home in it's current standard bike class of 2009.

That new Yamaha looks like a fraternal twin to the ER6-N.

:)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Why did they not offer this color scheme over here? No blue frame or stripe - doesn't look too bad IMO.

That's supposedly a woman's color scheme(marketed in such a way)...it's not red...it's fuchsia.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi MPA, where is "over here". I am located in New Zealand and I have a Gladius in this colour. (If you are in the USA.... color.)

I am quite comfortable with it and people (males) who say it is a woman's colour (color) are just a wee bit afraid that they may be perceived as being a bit gay if they like it. I am extremely confident in my sexuality and I just laugh when others make jokes about it.

A lot of guys DO like it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hi MPA, where is "over here". I am located in New Zealand and I have a Gladius in this colour. (If you are in the USA.... color.)

I am quite comfortable with it and people (males) who say it is a woman's colour (color) are just a wee bit afraid that they may be perceived as being a bit gay if they like it. I am extremely confident in my sexuality and I just laugh when others make jokes about it.

A lot of guys DO like it.
The colour as it stands is OK. i've had lots of red bikes but that red is to pink. Not for me im afraid. I'll stick with my man'ly blue;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts