Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems someone put pieces of paper on all bikes saying that on April 13, the parking lot will be used for construction and any bikes will be towed/impounder/raped in the butt.

Anyone know if this is permanent? They've been doing some underwater stuff at the piers. I'm hoping this is only temporary while construction lasts. Otherwise it might be the end of commuting and avoiding the subway.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The only legit parking area designated for motorcycles in this so-called eco friendly city being closed. Sucks.

Instead, they spend millions on bicycle lanes that take up half of a car lane in neighborhoods where I never see a bike rider.
they should allow us to use the bike lanes :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
The funny thing is I saw a guy on a motorcycle passing people by using the "bicycle" lane.
I think he actually thought it was for use by motorcycles too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I would never dare use the bicycle lanes. I would feel to guilty. I never see them used by bicycles anyway. I wanna know how much the city paid for all of those lanes and how much revenue did they make off of bicyclists.

If anything, I feel they made them to cut down the streets so when a car happens to cross over-----> tickets.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kinda like the way they set up the bike lanes up against the curb, with car parking in the middle of the street between the bike lane and moving traffic. Makes for safer riding. No more getting squeezed by traffic and swinging doors from parked cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts