Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a take home quiz in calc 2 and I already did it by hand. But we get 2 points bonus if we do it in Maple also. I don't know this software very well and can't figure it out.

It is a center of mass question and we were asked to find the centroid of a region bounded by two curves (y=x^2, y=2-x^2).

I thought I would ask and see if anyone was good with Maple that could offer some help or advice?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
You'll be wanting the int function. The maple help is useful, take a look at it for this function.

There are a few maple examples of this particular calculation on (the net. I don't have maple (I mainly use Mathematica) so I can't really say that these examples are any good, but you can give it a try.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will. I won't make it back to the campus until Monday. I have 2 hours between classes to try again. Like I said I already solved it by hand. At main campus they use Maple for the calculus classes, but not here at the satellite campus. I think that's why this guy does this, to try to get us used to it since we will all be taking calc3 at the main campus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts