Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for this a number of ways but cannot find what I wanted.

Is there a difference, either in piston size or other internal components, between the 2nd gen's ABS models Vs. the non-ABS models?

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Comparing the two at BikeBandit shows a different part number for the KA assembly.
ASB2 MC sizes.jpg
Since all the other part numbers are identical, the piston/cup/cylinder arrangement is different for ABS models.
How? shape, Diameter, length, material? Why? Dunno. Anybody?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Is there a difference in piston size between the 2nd gen's ABS models Vs. the non-ABS models?
I don't know. Do you have ABS? If you do, it wouldn't be hard to figure out the answer.

The piston size is usually marked on the side of the master. It will either be a painted number that corresponds to millimeters, or an inch fraction cast into the body.

If I remember right, non ABS is 5/8 inch. (16 millimeters)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the ABS MC.

I got to go look carefully. I know when I open up the box reservoir and look down, there is a "3" cast on the piston housing in the reservoir.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
The piston size is usually marked on the side of the master. It will either be a painted number that corresponds to millimeters, or an inch fraction cast into the body.If I remember right, non ABS is 5/8 inch. (16 millimeters)
Numbers below the sight glass on my ABS front MC--
Code:
14 8 C 4
If you replace a 14 with a 16, you'll get 24% less force for each millimeter of lever movement.
Unless you change the wheel cylinder size as well, like they did!
abs wheel cyl comparison.jpg

And why are ABS parts always twice as expensive? We paid $500 extra up-front already, guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts