Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been perusing the boards for a little while now and have decided that an SV might be right for me.

Before I rush out and buy a bike I'm carefully considering insurance coverage (have read a few posts on this) and carriers.

Living in MA it is difficult to find insurers operating in the state (no farmers, progressive, allstate etc.) due to some state laws.

I'm looking for advice on finding an insurer in MA that members have had a good experience / rates with.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i've got commerce and i pay 454/yr on a (then new) 07 SV650S

i've been incredibly unlucky w/ the law as of late, and have gotten like 3 moving violations since they last did my policy in june of 08 (1 speeding ticket, 2 random lame ones like passing stopped cars at a red light to make a right), so it'll probably go up :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

One more question:

Is there any point in having more than the minimum amount of liability coverage on myself if I have full coverage health insurance?

I do understand that I will still want to carry liability insurance if I injure anyone else or damage their property.

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
551 Posts
haha, sorry. i don't really know much about that.

i thought i heard that in MA some health insurance won't cover motorcycle accidents, but that might be wrong.

i'd check with either of your insurance agents (health/moto), since they'll be able to tell you much better than i can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
25 year old male. living in boston. just bought a 2007 sv650 n. 2 moving violations within the past 3 years on another bike.
have a middle of the road policy with comprehensive and collision. costs me 41 dollars a month with liberty mutual.
have my car through them too and have been dealing with them for a while. always had real good luck with them and always very helpful.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am a 26 year old male also in Boston. SVNK7. Relatively clean record. I have Travelers Insurance, and pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 a year with higher than min Liability, and Comprehensive. No Collision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts