Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making plans (requesting time off from work) to catch both.

Daytona Bike Week is March 8-17.
GatorNationals in Gainesville is March 14-17.

I have two friends going to Daytona, and one to Gainesville. I thought it would be great to get a ride set up with a group for possibly both. Even plan a meetup would be fun.

Anyone interested in either or both?

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Isn't Bike Week known mostly for its' butt-floss bimbo's and general drunkeness?

And would that be a feature or a bug?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Isn't Bike Week known mostly for its' butt-floss bimbo's and general drunkeness?
on main street and the surrounding "biker bars" yes. i think the city is trying to make it more "family friendly" now and cracking down on women who are letting the ladies fly freely and other such shenanigans.

over by the speedway there are usually legitimate vendors and manufacturers offering demo rides and such, which is where i usually would spend most of my time on previous visits.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
... asks the guy from MILWAUKEE.
:lmao:

Sue, a little early to say for sure, but another Daytona trip is possible. If I do go, I'll probably camp for the week at the ABATE campground. A side trip to the Gatornationals sounds interesting. If I can find the time for it, why not? I'll pm you my contact info; let's keep in touch.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's getting closer and my time off set!

9-10 I'm doing Daytona (Raceway side).
14-16 I'm at Gatornationals.

I have to come back mid-week and work 2 days, but at least my weekends are off (with time cushions to do laundry and rest, as I'm winging lodging).

I still have 2 friends hitting Daytona with me, but I'm flying solo to Gainesville...the trip I'm really looking forward to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.