Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i go to places or when i have parked at work many people look or ask about my bike. Today at a stop light a guy started asking me about it. Why do not more people like the naked bikes? Is it just people do not know about nakeds.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Umm your bike is a brand new model, lots of people are going to ask you about it. Get use to it.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
first off you need to post pics. secondly i know what you mean about the naked bikes. up here in canada they dont sell as well and some people look at them funny.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Alot of people dont know about Naked bikes. I get alot of questions too...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Got my first up close look at the Gladius (a black one) at the local dealership. Looked pretty darn nice to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naked or Streetfighters are bike that have not farings. Ducati Monster , Sv650, B-king, Kawi er-6n, and buell lighting are examples of nakeds. All Are nice bikes but you see many more sport bikes in dealer ships or on the street.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
All Are nice bikes but you see many more sport bikes in dealer ships or on the street.
Now that you own a naked one, you'll see more of them on the streets. Trust me on that.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Now that you own a naked one, you'll see more of them on the streets. Trust me on that.
True that, I never noticed any nakeds on the road untill I got my SV. Then I notice them ALOT more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I never noticed bikes at all untill my friends started riding. Senior year of high school. Then suddenly I HAD to have one, and I started seeing them everywhere. But I always noticed the nakeds more. I think a bike needs to be engineered with equal measures of form and function to pull naked off successfully. Anyone can hide an ugly bike under plastic. I always liked the Ducati and Triumphs best.
Sorry for going on.
I saw a new Gladius the other day as well. I was super curious to know what was under those plastic frame covers. You know, where the spars of the frame connect, there is a plastic cover over it. Are they just hiding the welds?
Or is there a cast connector under there? If it's just a welded trellis, I would be tempted to take those covers off...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts