Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The early to mid 70's Suzuki Dual-Sport fuel valves are a 100% bolt-on to 99-02 SV, even the bolts fit.
No vacuum lines, just On/Off/Reserve (the way god meant a bike to be ;D ).

The bummer is the frame is in the way :-\
None the less I was shocked when it all lined up!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i had one of these on my ex500. i forgot to turn it to "on" once and "ran out of gas" once i used the little bit in the pipe. man, was that embarrassing pushing my bike off the road, then realizing the situation and riding away while people were stopping to help.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stranger said:
i had one of these on my ex500. i forgot to turn it to "on" once and "ran out of gas" once i used the little bit in the pipe. man, was that embarrassing pushing my bike off the road, then realizing the situation and riding away while people were stopping to help.
Or better yet when you're tooling down the road and run out of gas.... you go to switch to reserve only to find that you ARE on reserve :-\

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TWF said:
reason I would not use manual petcock is that fuel pump even vacuum operated never actualy stops flow of fuel.
Do gen1's have a fuel pump? I've never seen one on either of mine...

G

·
donniej said:
Do gen1's have a fuel pump? I've never seen one on either of mine...
yes,it is mounted on inside of right frame rail.vacuum operated.follow fuel hose from tank,it will lead you to pump.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TWF said:
yes,it is mounted on inside of right frame rail.vacuum operated.follow fuel hose from tank,it will lead you to pump.
OK, I know what you mean (I always wondered what that was).
I've worked on *allot* of engine... old and new, Diesel and gas and have never seen a vacuum fuel pump before... that's just plain wierd ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts