Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have to dress up for work now, I've been working for a helpdesk company for about 3 years now, and 6 months after I become a sup, they decide that the sups and upper level management need to dress up every day (used to be casual for everone, techs are still casual). So I'm having a bad day, late for work, get there and hit some gravel when i stop, pants are slippery, shoes arent the greatest and i lay the bike down. :evil: I was totally stopped and just got off balance, only thing i can see if a tiny scratch on my blinker and a smaller scratch on one of my bar ends (I almost caught it but I wasnt strong enough to stop it as it was pretty low). As far as I can tell thats it, but I still felt really stupid. :oops:

·
Registered
37 Posts
u had a lot on your mind man, thats understandable...at least there really wasnt any damage to the bike...

- alex

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
well, i had a shitty ride today too. Right were i live, i took this corner i rarely take with the bike. It was a left corner, stoplight and all and everything was fine until like halfway in the backend slid and I used my legs to kick off the ground to keep from falling over. I looked like a total squid :x and i pulled over and checked the bike over. I go to my friends house then head on to sonic meet. Once i get there, it sucks so time to go home. I had the most scariest ride ever, he tires were deflating for some reason so turning was the most scariest thing in my life until i got more air in it. after the air was pumped in, the thing still acts wierd but can turn. either way, i head over to my buddies house; he rides it and says tommorrow, we'll check the tires again and if they aren't the culprit then something about checking the alignment of the wheels.

something tells me big money is about to be lost here; atleast its going to a riding buddy and not to a stealership. :roll:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lkm, no good, like you said, at least its going to a riding buddy and not a dealership. Man, i've had a rough few days, this was the icing on the cake, hopefully I'm not missing something that happened. I went out for a smoke break later and all blinkers worked, it started fine, alignment and everything looked ok too. It just made me nervous, and a little pissed i wasnt paying enough attention to catch that. Oh well, you live and learn i guess. Hopefully yours is something really small and cheap to fix!

·
Registered
53 Posts
You need to keep your shoes at work, so that you can wear propper boots while on the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I agree with pokey, even with dress clothes boots while riding are important.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Pricey.....but one word:

Aerostich

You'll be able to play parking-lot Superman like nobody's business.

As for feeling dumb.....think how silly you'd feel if it were a fairing, shifter, mirror and tail.....

You got off WAY lucky. Luckier than you realize, since it's almost impossible not to bark one or all all those (expensive) things when falling over.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that is a good point...I think I am going to leave my shoes at work and get a nice pair of riding boots...now i just have to come up with the money. Aerostich huh? I'll have to look into that. Thanks for all the comments guys, I think I did get lucky, and hopefully I learned what i needed to out of that.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
I usually have to dress formally at work, and even when I think I can get by with a "casual" day, there's the ever-present fear that I or somebody else in my office has failed to calendar a court date and I'll get a phone call from some judge's chambers asking me why my butt isn't there for the 1:45 Dingleberry v. Buttwipe Pretrial. So I often keep a suit and shoes in my office. (Not my best, but not too tatty) That way I can ride to work in correct gear knowing I've got appropriate waiting clothes when I get there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've largely scrapped riding to work because it's more of a chore for what is my choice of 15 minute suburban lallygag or 7 minute 100mph highway jaunt.

To me the idea of riding in dockers is plan retarded, let alone riding in dress shoes. I used to do throw on my AP* boots along with dockers du jour, and switch into a set of shoes I left at work.

Now, if I ride it it is maybe 1x a week if not two, and its jeans & doc martens. I know the boots aren't the best, and the carhartt heavy jeans are marginal at best, but it beats loafers and dress slacks :D

If my ride was longer or better in some way, I'd get a 1 pc motoport suit, wear my back protector and make a commute out of it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
whe ni take my bie to church...dress pants suck to ride in!!!!! and i have a pair of sketchers dress shoes(big lugs) and thise suxk to, i am always missing shifts and adjusting(downstairs) cause everything dosent feel right!!! ita all to tight!!! riding gear is deff...the way to go!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, i agree, dress clothes suck to ride in (still wear my helmet/jacket/gloves etc), but I cant go without riding to work (well i can, but i dont want to). So i ordered some boots (http://www.newenough.com/setup_gran_prix_red_blue_boots_page.htm) and I'll just keep my dress shoes at work. The pants i can get used to, it was the shoes that were really hard to work right.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Textiles

If I want to ride to work and have to "dress nice" for a meeting or something, I just zip my Joe Rocket gear over my good clothes. I have a Phoenix set for hot weather and Ballistic/Meteor for cold weather. I loop my cable lock through the jacket and pants sort of tucked into one another on top of the bike. I have two pair of older, but still decent shoes in my office (one black, one brown pair). I wear my Sidis until I get to my office, carry my helmet.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i just realized how bad i typed in my previous post!!!haha i suc!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts