Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about removing the rider pegs and making a exhaust hanger. Any Ideas? I checked back for other posts on the subject, but found none, so sorry if this has been asked before. I was thinking of using alum. so it would be light. I have a welder and stuff, but not sure how heavy to make it. I see aftermarket ones in catalogs, but I like to make things. I have a carbon fiber slip-on that weights like nothing, so I'm not to worried about that. Anybody made one or bought one? Any suggestions could help. Thanks!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts

Easy to do. I used steel, just cause I had it lying around. If you take off the hanger, you will probably notice the exhaust is pretty solid already, so the hanger doesn't need to be rock solid. It just needs to hold the weight, hencer its called a "hanger". 1/8" aluminum would be plenty.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I'll keep that in mind...I was leaning torward tubing or something, but that looks great! I love your back wheel. Do you run stock size tire, or did you step up to a wider tire with the wheel swap? Thanks!! Any help is great, and this site always pull through!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
kully55 said:
thanks, I'll keep that in mind...I was leaning torward tubing or something, but that looks great! I love your back wheel. Do you run stock size tire, or did you step up to a wider tire with the wheel swap? Thanks!! Any help is great, and this site always pull through!
I went with the 180 tire, sorta sucked at first, when you're used to the 160, but after some fiddling and tuning the bike will turn just like it did before.

I kinda want to hack up my hanger, give it some style. With tubing you'll have the ability to give it "style" cause you can bend it to a fancy shape or something. I might make another one, that hanger was a random though in the middle of the night, went out in the garage hacked up some metal painted it waited an hour and voila.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
1/8" is thicker than necessary. You could probably use 18 gauge and cut out the middle.

Like Evilmeat said, there's no real load on it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts