Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a cheap way to make my 2008 Suzuki sv650s stupid fast I want it to be as fast as possible! fast as it can go for the lowest cost of money but still be safe and not hurt my bike!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Or even a 600 sportbike, though ‘stupid fast’ doesn’t really bode well for your survival. 🤔

You can do things inexpensively, but the returns that you get back are on the low side. The only modification that would really make a difference would be forced induction, and that would be out of your price range if you couldn’t do the fabrication work yourself.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I want it to be as fast as possible! fast as it can go for the lowest cost of money but still be safe and not hurt my bike!
It already is as fast it can go (unless you're planning to ride in on track).
Enjoy it as it is, or trade it for a more powerful bike.

Reactions: VAFish

·
Super Moderator
9,423 Posts
You want something like this. A 3800hp 1968 Rolls Royce Viper turbojet engine. They are surprisingly inexpensive on the second-hand market. The SV650 already has very sturdy subframe mounts so it should be pretty easy to bolt right on. Don't let anyone talk you out of it! :D
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
55 Posts
You want something like this. A 3800hp 1968 Rolls Royce Viper turbojet aircraft jet engine. They are surprisingly inexpensive on the second-hand market. The SV650 already has very sturdy subframe mounts so it should be pretty easy to bolt right on. Don't let anyone talk you out of it! :D
View attachment 61513
Does that come with an afterburner?

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,159 Posts
Will it run on E15?

·
Registered
2008 SV650S
69 Posts
I'm trying to find a cheap way to make my 2008 Suzuki sv650s stupid fast I want it to be as fast as possible! fast as it can go for the lowest cost of money but still be safe and not hurt my bike!
Super fast, cheap, and safe? Short of swapping an engine from a SV1000, you won’t be able to make that SV any faster than other bikes in its class. The SV can teach you how to be a fast rider though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 SV650S
69 Posts
Super fast, cheap, and safe? Short of swapping an engine from a SV1000, you won’t be able to make that SV any faster than other bikes in its class. The SV can teach you how to be a fast rider though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,113 Posts
Take classes. Go to the track. A lot.

You can get a 'stupid fast' bike and still be smoked by skilled riders on 300cc Ninjas. Unless all you care about is going straight, in which case just get a Hayabusa and a hefty life insurance.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The cheapest way to go fast and safe is to take the $49 online course Champ U of Yamaha Champions Riding School. Then practice as often as possible.
You'll be faster than 99% of riders out there, and, more importantly, safer.

The bike's power doesn't matter as much unless you just care for going fast in a straight line like the common squid.

Also, learn how to set up your suspension correctly for your weight and riding style. If you can lose a few mph from the top speed I'd suggest to increase the rear sprocket by two teeth or so. The improvement in acceleration is very noticeable (go to www.gearingcommander.com for details).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts