Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just installed my rearsets and as with most rearsets there is no return spring. I understand that people say that the return spring is not necessary, but my rear brake is dragging pretty hard (I rebled the rear). I feel that I probably messed up the adjustment for the Ubracket area.

Right now when I press the lever down, it does not return. For those of you with aftermarket rearsets help! I had to pull over yesterday being a dummy and taking it out thinking all was fine and dandy. Luckily I had the old rearset and re-installed it.

Right Side:

Left Side:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fiddled with it and I'm taking the lazy and secure way out lol If installed properly I know it should take care of the return, but right now I would feel more confident with the spring from woodcraft. That was a quick snap of what I took. What the plunger looks like now actually is normal, but the return is still iffy. I'll semi contribute it to the rearset for now since the master cylinder does a weird shift. Apparently I missed a screw when thread locking.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
See if you can find/make a clevis with an offset hole. I've seen plenty of them mounted offset that have worn the mcyl piston and/or bore down by running like that.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a mismatch, like it's a GSXR rear set or something similar. Absolute easiest way to fix it is to ask the rear set manufacturer if they have a right hand pedal/lever with a larger distance between the pivot at the peg and the mcyl clevis pin hole... only needs another 5mm or so.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Wow, after having my rearsets for such a long time, I'm just now noticing that I'm have minor rear brake drag.

Might be getting that spring!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts