Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i just bought a used Sv650 -19, damn I like it coming from a Ktm 990SMT -13. I have a question regarding service intervals. I will attach an image. On the left page intervals is every 6000km or 12 months. On the right page where it says “model to Europe “ its every 1200km. But everybody is talking about the 6000km intervals so what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have a -16 3rd gen. SV, and the service interval I do is one year (where I usually ride about between 8 and 10K Km).

I never really understood why service intervals for the same bike shall be different depending on which part of the world you live in.

·
Registered
664 Posts
In the UK, the service intervals are every 12,000km (7,500 miles), and this is what UK Suzuki dealers base the warranty requirements on.

As I do my own servicing, I split the difference and change the oil every 6,000 miles (9,500km). The spark plugs easily last for 30,000km, the instruction to change them every 12,000km is bullshit (I have a 2017 Gen 3 myself)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have an old 99 Curvy and the oil change interval is 3500 miles. As oil is the ,"Blood" of the engine I always do preemptive oil and filter changes around 3,000 miles.

More info on yours or similar here,

I also change my Brake fluid and coolant before normal service points. I learnt years ago both on Motorcycles and Cars that good servicing is cheaper than repair in the long run not to mention more trouble free riding :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts