Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!

I've ridden my bike 2 or 3 times max the past month and yesterday I took it out for a ride. I stopped at a gas station then when I turned the engine switch the FI indicator showed error and I could not hear the usual action of the pump filling the carbs the high pitched robotic sound :) it just sounded like there was something clogging it. This happened several times until finally it started. While riding around 7,8k rpm I hear this ringing sound as if something is loose underneath the fuel tank it might be the FI and my imagination is making it sound like a problem.

After that while riding between 5 and 6th gear - false neutral this does not happen as often when riding everyday same as the FI problem.

I changed the antifreeze and prior to that temp. gauge showed a steady 197F in outdoor weather temp. 3 digits 104+. Now it cant seem to find a sweetspot shoots from 185 to 201 though as overall on-spot temp is way lower and does not heat up as much. (bled the system and everything, reservoir is full and a bit on top, ran it cooled down then add coolant 2,3 times)

I am pretty sure some of the questions are gonna sound noobish and silly but cant give it a rest until I hear competent opinions from svrider memmbers.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No reply... Is my English bad? I have not asked the questions right? Too dumb questions to deserve answer? Its bothering me that's why I am asking.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I would start checking electrical connections, clean and reconnect using dielectric grease

I've run into similar problems with my V-strom, connections getting corroded

the connection I had the most problem with was the kill switch pigtail to the main wire harness (tucked up above my radiator on my V-strom, not sure where on the SV) and it created the exact symptoms you describe on starting, your engine temp could also be a wire harness to sensor connection problem or just a bad sensor

·
Registered
968 Posts
check your connections first. run some seafoam through a full tank of gas to help clean out the nasties if there are any. the ringing could just be something loose pinging against the tank or frame.

false neutrals should fade after a little more riding since you don't really ride that much.

as long as your temperature doesn't reach 250+ you're in the clear. on a couple of the hottest days here mine was getting up to 220 before starting to cool back down again. the temperature will vary as the thermostat opens and closes.

if you do think that there are any codes being thrown, search for "dealer mode" to make sure that they are actually error codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts