Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to give this another go. As some of you might have read previously my moto odyssey to the Dragon was derailed by unforeseen circumstances which I wont discuss now 🤬 With summer in full swing, and my being blessed with profitable work, its time to set out on a little adventure. I've been wanting to explore what looks to be hilly and twisty moto goodness west of Madison for the past couple of years. But, life 🖕 me time and again; weather, $$, family (the other F word) and work got in my way. Not this week dammit! Thursday morning I will trek north of the Cheddar Curtain to the blessed Hinterlands that lie beyond 🤩

In the aughts I made several trips to Boscobel with a Chi-town group and had a blast riding between Prairie du Chien, Wildcat, Richland Center and B-town; some truly great riding for a flat-lander FIB such as myself (oh how I hate thee, northeast Illinois!) And thank all the gods for the Mississippi River Basin! I'm hoping for as much fun this trip as its an hour twenty less travel time just slabbing there. And, its Madison- great frikk'n town (y)

So this Thursday, the 23rd, I'll set out in the wee hours, get sorted out at the Motel 6 (cheap AF) and turn myself over to the blissful awesomeness that awaits me and my Little Suzy 🏍 One hopeful high point will be Bob's Bitchin BBQ in Dodgeville. Great reviews, and name, so I think I'll be happily scrubbing my Joe Rocket to remove any sauce my tongue lets by 😋

I'm staying till Sunday so hit me up if you'd like to join. Right now M6 Madi East is showing $54 a night, which is awesome cheap. There's a Cycle Gear across the street, and a bunch of pubs and venues in walking distance or a short Uber away 🍻🎸 And locals- recommendations please!

Text me: 847 561 9557 or post here if you want to meet up, or to just to call me a douche-bag 😁

I know, I know... giving my number on an open forum is stupid. What's also stupid- I get BS texts and calls all the GD frikk'n time anyway. I've got a blocker that tosses some, and If the source isn't in my contacts they get blocked if not verified, or I ignore sending them to voice mail if verified. Whatever 'verified' means. Meh, send text. And lets shred some rubber bitches!*

*I call you bitches in the most open, caring, and loving way. Always sensitive to the emotional needs of others, and always aware that words do hurt... Pansies. Words hurt pansies. I'm Gen-X bitches. Go 🖕 yourself 😁

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,165 Posts
Sounds like a blast bud. Don't get stupid.

·
Super Moderator
7,123 Posts
Have a fun time and safe trip!

Be sure to keep your cycle parked where you, or the staff at the Motel 6, can keep an eye on it. Rookies like to steal stuff.

That area on East Washington Ave. isn't really bad or anything, but be sure to remove your luggage and anything else that can walk away.

·
Administrator
11,114 Posts
Darren, have you considered getting a puppy?

Just something to think about

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. No! No more pets (or kids) If you can't clean up after your own poop I'm not interested! No sir, no way, done with that!

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,088 Posts
No. No! No more pets (or kids) If you can't clean up after your own poop I'm not interested! No sir, no way, done with that!
Our dog at least poops in the yard and they harden into little charcoal briquettes in the desert sun. Once a week maintenance and he gets us out of the house. C'mon, how can you not want a dog?? ;)

Dog Smile Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awwwe! Such a good doggy 😘

I actually would really like to have a dog. But I sometimes work 10 to 12 hour shifts and also how could I go on moto trips? I don't have anyone to dog sit and I'm certainly not gonna pay for boarding. And there's no way I'm getting one of those little yappy fuckers that I can bring along on the bike.

Holy crap, I really am turning into my old man! 👺

·
Registered
710 Posts
Our dog at least poops in the yard and they harden into little charcoal briquettes in the desert sun. Once a week maintenance and he gets us out of the house. C'mon, how can you not want a dog?? ;)

View attachment 61669
Kinda looks like my boy, mine however look like he has a head that doesn't match the black and white body.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,114 Posts
Woot?! That's a Frankendog!

Reactions: Soulspinner

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I made it to the Elk for breakfast in one piece. Great day for riding. So far the only gripe is my Sena won't connect to my phone. Not that anyone is gonna call but I stream tunes so that kinda sucks. Maybe the guys at Cycle Gear can help me out.

Oh man, that was a good omelet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts