Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the left foot peg and shifter pegs made and mounted up. Eventually I will make cross cuts in them for better traction but I didn't want to spend the time until I knew everything would work. I will probably end up flipping the frame bracket. I wanted to be able to lower the pegs for trips but the position it is in now is pretty much stock. I wanted to be able to move them down a little but it turns out I have more adjustability downward and less upward than i wanted. At this rate I should have them done by the end of riding season.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Nucular... those rearsets look beefy... might be a bit TOO beefy.

You'd want to put in some fail points so that in case of a hard impact the rearsets break away instead of breaking the frame mount.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nucular... those rearsets look beefy... might be a bit TOO beefy.

You'd want to put in some fail points so that in case of a hard impact the rearsets break away instead of breaking the frame mount.

Mav-

I kind of thought that myself after reading the thread on woodcrafts. I may make the kickplate thinner or possibly make the peg mounting point thinner - or both. I pass a bolt through the kickplate, shifter, and into the peg - maybe if I make that a small enough bolt, the whole assembly would just break off instead of bending.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hehe, you could always send me a set to "test" :p

I guess we ARE going to dragon in a few weeks....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehe, no kidding. Loan them out to you for a few weeks and we would find out how crash-worthy they are ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts