1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Favorite Madden quote from last season - "You gotta ram it right up the A hole"

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
He was in rare form during the last superbowl. I'll miss him on the rare occasion that I watch. :(

It's about effing time.
Dude, you don't even watch football do you?

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Ah uncle John. I will miss his hamfisted paw holding that microphone. Seriously, i will miss his undying admiration of Brett Favre, as a Favre fan myself.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I won't miss him, I really disliked his broadcasting technique. He really knows the game, but is an awful commentator.

Brad I see you saying you don't like sports because you don't pay to watch people work, yet you talk about watching movies all the time. Actors are working too, so yes you do watch people work. :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
What you need to do is get in the endzone, if you can do that more than the other team you win.

Will be missed, but what a bad comentator

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I won't miss him, I really disliked his broadcasting technique. He really knows the game, but is an awful commentator.

Brad I see you saying you don't like sports because you don't pay to watch people work, yet you talk about watching movies all the time. Actors are working too, so yes you do watch people work. :)
Sure, but what they do isn't called a game. Call me a purist.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
No it's called "acting" which is really just pretending. At least games are real :)

·
Registered
4,244 Posts

+ a billion.

I can't even begin to think about how many times he called a play and said that some thing happened, when in reality, the exact opposite thing happened.

He should have retired somewhere between 5 and 10 years ago. Hopefully, his departure will mean the end of that stupid-ass 'horse trailer' crap, too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
He was a character for sure. I just grew up with him as a part of football, did he offer the brightest commentary? No, but he was entertaining in his heyday. I will miss him. When he and summerall were at the top of their game it was enjoyable 10+ years ago.

He was inducted to the hall of fame the same year as Aikman, which I attended. It was interesting to hear his speech and the things he did in his time in the NFL before my time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's a good thing I grabbed up my signature quote while I had the chance!!! ;D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Funny, but mine I actually gleened from a broadcast this year when I was surfing the forum with the game on in the background. That is indeed a direct John Maddenism.

·
Registered
362 Posts
John Madden said:
Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field.
John Madden said:
A dance later in the evening, I think is basically what we were thinking
John Madden said:
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.
John Madden said:
There's a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson
John Madden said:
Tough actin' Tinactin
???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts