Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...so I thought I was set on getting the M4 stainless steel slip on, but recently stumbled across a few threads on the Delkevic. I definitely like the price and it sounded quite nice in a few of the youtube videos I saw. Thoughts on the two? Is the M4 worth almost twice the price? Which sounds better? Is the M4 louder? The Delkevic also has a db killer I believe, does running with it out impact the fuel mixture at all? I just don't want to be running too rich or lean w/ a slip on. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Question is: Do you want to spend the money? If you have no problems w/ doing so then get the M4. If you find that the Delkevic to be of equal quality (from what you can tell and if you like it) then get that.

I've never heard the delkevic but the m4 is nice and is popular on this board. Don't worry about the fuel mixture unless you are putting in a full system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Go to the race track and see what the fast guys are using on the sv,m4 (enough said)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Supertrapp!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got my m4 from motosport.com for 489 shipped two day. cheapest i found on the net. I know the guy from svracingparts quoted me the same price but I dont remember if he was including free shipping. So far I love the look and sond of the m4. I got the carbon high mount.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Question is: Do you want to spend the money? If you have no problems w/ doing so then get the M4. If you find that the Delkevic to be of equal quality (from what you can tell and if you like it) then get that.

I've never heard the delkevic but the m4 is nice and is popular on this board. Don't worry about the fuel mixture unless you are putting in a full system.
+1 get what you like or be different find one nobody has.... that's what I did

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
:)
I got my m4 from motosport.com for 489 shipped two day. cheapest i found on the net. I know the guy from svracingparts quoted me the same price but I dont remember if he was including free shipping. So far I love the look and sond of the m4. I got the carbon high mount.

:) Hi, I definitely include Free Shipping to your door, anywhere in the USA, and I Price Match all legitimate M4 Dealer prices, including Pipecity and all others, for SVrider.com members,

As a Site Supporter, I definitely appreciate it when the members come to me,

I always do my best to get the orders out the same day,

Email me directly for a quote or to order, at [email protected]

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
183 Posts
:)

:) Hi, I definitely include Free Shipping to your door, anywhere in the USA, and I Price Match all legitimate M4 Dealer prices, including Pipecity and all others, for SVrider.com members,

As a Site Supporter, I definitely appreciate it when the members come to me,

I always do my best to get the orders out the same day,

Email me directly for a quote or to order, at [email protected]

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair
would have ordered from you, but i didnt know you were a M4 dealer at the time.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Delkevic is less than half the price of the stainless M4.

Is the M4 twice as good as the Delkevic? Only you can answer for yourself, but I decided no.

So far I have absolutely zero reason to believe I made the wrong choice.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think there will obviously be a difference on quality and materials but you mos def are also paying for a more recognizable name brand. Do you shop at target or macys? Well you get the point. My bike is for commuting ride everyday back and forth, i care about looks only a little bit. Its my first bike not my last so I bought a Delkevic. Should be getting it in a week or two. SORRY NATE! lol

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
it remains to be seen how durable the delkevic is.

some pipes age better than others. just sayin.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
^^^
True dat.

Initial appearance though seems to indicate it should hold up over time.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
it remains to be seen how durable the delkevic is.

some pipes age better than others. just sayin.
Lots of factors there too - I thought my Yosh stuff over the years aged best (Gixxer). I was pretty unhappy with M4, but power was good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
where is delkevic made? how long has the company been around for? this board is the the first place i've heard of them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Made in China for Delkevic in UK and fairly new to the market, most anything you buy is made in China anymore, I've decided myself to give it a shot after watching the nice video by Trambo and bought the titanium stubby, if all goes to $hit I'll just scrap the titanium and get my money back:p;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts