Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, another M4 question. Sorry in advance. Here we go.

What's the deal with the mounting bracket for the M4 highmount? I've seen a bunch of photos with this rubber clamp that goes around the can, but it seems that for the high mount this is often eliminated. Does it then just hang off into space? Is this a problem?

My concern is the look of it against the titanium canister. If I don't need it all the better in my books. Frankly, I can't decide between titanium or carbon but I am leaning towards the Ti.

Any help in clarification would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
There's a tab welded/bolted to the back side of the can. M4 includes a metal bracket that bolts where the passenger foot pegs go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's super sweet. Thanks for the ultra quick reply. That then should be solid enough to go it alone off the end of the bike.

Well, I think a titanium full system is on the way.

Just as a side note I'm thinking of going with the Hamicad undertail to clean things up out back.

Thanks again. Will post pics when things are done. Not like this place doesn't have enough M4 pics on it already.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here is a pic of mine. You can see that black bracket. You can take off your pegs and use the stock bolts to bolt it up or you can use the supplied extenders and longer bolts so you can keep your passenger pegs. The peg on the right hand side will stick out about 4 more inches. I kept my pegs to offer a little more crash protection. I took a saw-zaw and cut off the old exhaust hanger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmmm. Copper was my first love when I first saw the SV. But when it came time to buy the blue was what was available used in my region. Not that I'm complaining at all but the copper is very unique.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your bike looks great with the Ti pipe. Somehow I don't think I'll be regretting this. My neighbours on the other hand....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts