Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys im on a 2009 sv650s sport uk version so i am looking to get a high mount carbon m4 for my bike and i was in contact with jhs racing who are the uk dealers of the m4 brand and the guy said that they do not do the high mount for the road bike due to fitting issues. i have a clear alternatives tail and a hamicad tail tidy could the issues be the liscense not fitting or is the guy just talking nonsense as ive seen the high mount on loads of bikes on this site and others

cheers

·
Registered
524 Posts
its all tales... I called M4 myself and they told me they're slip on didnt fit a first gen without the full system... I ordered anyways, they said they wouldnt refund me because they had told me it woundt fit. . . Pipe came in, and it slipped right on.. No issues WHATSOEVER. . .

Your experience may vary.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It fits fine, maybe if you screw up the cut bad it wouldn't fit. also stock turn signals need to be moved to fit the high mount.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so why would the guy tell me otherwise he did say theyt have other brands available (they do yoshi and akropovic) could that be so they can get a few more note out of me or something

·
Registered
533 Posts
so why would the guy tell me otherwise he did say theyt have other brands available (they do yoshi and akropovic) could that be so they can get a few more note out of me or something
*shrug* did he say why it doesn't fit? I've got the high mount Carbon on my 08 sv650s, but I'm in the US.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he said they dont bring them in for the road bike as there are fittment issues
(stock signals aint a problem ive got the clear alt integrated signals/brake light)
he was very vague and didnt go into it at all he just told me to call him to work something out but i reckon its bull and in the end i may just go for a scorpion to spite them but then those things are so loud they could make a pregnant ladies waters break

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 03 SV650S with the Titanium M4 high mount the only problem I had was the paasenger pegs where in the way. I put on a extenter and the pipe is welded to it (a real clean look). So you can do that or if you do not ride passengers just take the peg off and throw a rear seat cowl on it. Good luck the M4 sounds amazing enjoy.

·
Registered
128 Posts

This is a bad pic but you can see the bracket in the background.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a 03 SV650S with the Titanium M4 high mount the only problem I had was the paasenger pegs where in the way. I put on a extenter and the pipe is welded to it (a real clean look). So you can do that or if you do not ride passengers just take the peg off and throw a rear seat cowl on it. Good luck the M4 sounds amazing enjoy.
The passenger pegs were in the way? the mount M4 supplies goes behind the pegs, and they include 2 spacers if you want the peg on. I'll take some pics of the spacers when i get off work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but those that have this M4 high sport mount setup AND decided to keep the right passenger peg (aka use the spacers) - I'm curious what did you do with the original exhaust hanger bracket that's part of the peg? Did you leave it alone, paint it, grind it off, what??

I have an SV1000 which has these integrated exhaust hangers on both peg brackets and I'm not sure what to do with them. True I could replace the left side with a 650’s, but the right I guess would have to get cut/repainted. Has anyone dealt with cleaning this up following a 2into1 M4 high sport setup on a 1000?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Though mines not an M4 pipe, I did modify their high mount mid-pipe for my purposes.
I had to fabricate a bracket ( I used scrap steel & shaped it around a concrete step with a 3lb'er ) & had to space out the passengers pegs 1/2'. We initially just spaced out the right side, but found the handling to be unbalanced with a passenger - so we spaced out both sides.
We got it tucked up nice & high. No interference with the passenger. Still not completely finished, I've been lazy :-D

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but those that have this M4 high sport mount setup AND decided to keep the right passenger peg (aka use the spacers) - I'm curious what did you do with the original exhaust hanger bracket that's part of the peg? Did you leave it alone, paint it, grind it off, what??

I have an SV1000 which has these integrated exhaust hangers on both peg brackets and I'm not sure what to do with them. True I could replace the left side with a 650’s, but the right I guess would have to get cut/repainted. Has anyone dealt with cleaning this up following a 2into1 M4 high sport setup on a 1000?
I was going to cut off the stock hanger part on the peg but I left it there to protect the pipe and I'm glad I did. The motosliders and that hanger kept most of that side of my bike from any real damage. The grab handle was rashed all the way across the top and there was barely a few scratches on the tip of the pipe. After that I took one of the old swing arm sliders and put it in the hanger hole.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Though mines not an M4 pipe, I did modify their high mount mid-pipe for my purposes. I had to fabricate a bracket ( I used scrap steel & shaped it around a concrete step with a 3lb'er ) & had to space out the passengers pegs 1/2'. We initially just spaced out the right side, but found the handling to be unbalanced with a passenger - so we spaced out both sides. We got it tucked up nice & high. No interference with the passenger. Still not completely finished, I've been lazy :-D
Looks good! But, I see in the photos that you still have the hanger hole portion on the right passenger peg, which is the main part of my question. However, it seems that your solution was to completely paint the peg black which makes it a lot less noticeable.

I was going to cut off the stock hanger part on the peg but I left it there to protect the pipe and I'm glad I did. The motosliders and that hanger kept most of that side of my bike from any real damage. The grab handle was rashed all the way across the top and there was barely a few scratches on the tip of the pipe. After that I took one of the old swing arm sliders and put it in the hanger hole.
Now that's a great idea! Especially if one low-sides. I would not of thought to use those holes for slider accessories... and since the 1000's have them on both sides, I could easily get a pair frame sliders, swingarm spools, or even bar-ends to mount there. However, if it looks to "odd", I'll probably just grind them off, then repaint the peg brackets satin black to match the frame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts