Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
NO, i have one...the 03 is different than 04 and 05...make sure it is for the 05.

I got my full/carbon/titanium from Starcycle for $682 shipped. I would not get titanium if I had it to do over because it is $60-70 more and it's only a 9" section of the midpipe..rest is stainless. Very tight fit and nothing touched. Had it on in 30mins...do a search I have a sound clip and pics on this board of mine.

·
Registered
629 Posts
call M4 tech support, I have heard of several ppl on this board getting the correct mid pipe sent to them.  Dunno if they had to pay or if it was a straight exchange.  They are aware of many vendors making mistakes on the 03 pipes on 05 models.  See what they say.  The headers and muffler are the same...only the mid pipe is the difference.   I would make a copy of the website you got it from...especially if it shows 03-05 and then take it up with them...you should get the new mid pipe for free or less than $50 for a replacement stainless mid pipe IMHO.  If you were mislead by incorrect info the dealer/vendor should pay for it.  Call M4 first and see what they say.  Tell them you were mislead because I think they made the mistake first on the 03 thinking it would work on the 05.

http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/flash/M4_Exhaust.html

they were very helpful with me, because I almost bought the same 03 model pipe. Also when you get it..smear some red rtv sealant around the inside of the slip on joints about 1 inch inside and push it on. This will help insure no leaks. Wipe off any excess before cranking. I wiped the pipes down with alchohol to remove finger prints and left over rtv that squished out before cranking it up. I had no leaks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
actually i just looked them up on M4's website and they have teh standard stainless for $77...I think $110 is for the titanium.

·
Registered
514 Posts
bbmxta said:
actually i just looked them up on M4's website and they have teh standard stainless for $77...I think $110 is for the titanium.
They quoted me $110 on the phone, but I guess its my fault for not specifying SS or Ti.

·
Registered
629 Posts
headers and pipes can be cleaned using a strong cleaner and pipe brushes but even then some of the carbon/oil build up will not come off because it has been bajed on unless you have a place that coats headers do it.

The can would have to be taken apart and clean the baffle seperate, don't spray the inside due to the packing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts