Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am taking a two week ride and was wondering if anyone has some luggage recommendations?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
For convenience, you can't beat hard luggage. Givi makes some nice side and top cases. But that can be a little pricey. Some decent throw over saddlebags, a tailbag, a tankbag - they can all be used in any combination to provide as much storage as you might need.

There's an excellent thread that has all kinds of setups in it here: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=35543

·
Registered
835 Posts
Cortech tail bag
Cortech saddle bags
Cortech mini-mag tank bag
Aerostitch tank paniers.

I'm likin those tank panniers. I don't know your height but , do they cramp up the legs any? You know any deals on them? And what size are your pictured?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I'm likin those tank panniers. I don't know your height but , do they cramp up the legs any? You know any deals on them? And what size are your pictured?
They leave little room for your legs. I only use them when I have to and when I do, I put soft stuff in them only... stuff that will compress. The interfere with clip-ons, and can be annoying.

The only place to get them is from Aerostitch.com, but you might be able to find used ones on eBay. There are 2 sizes, competition, and regular. I believe the regular is the larger of the two.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just went to the site to check them out. I am 5' 8" and really wondering how much leg real estate they chew up. I have never seen tank panniers and being that I do not care for tank bags , am gonna have to look into these. Outta all the pics I have seen of your bike I never seen those on it.
Hmmm... I see a winter coming up using tank panniers for more wind blockage possibly.
Thanks for posting .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts