Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a naked sv650 04 model and love it. I am looking for luggage options instead of tying down my duffel bag on the back which is a pain in the neck and does not hold very much of anything. I saw on the givi sight they have options, but stopped in one cycle shop where they said there are none for my bike. Is that tru? I like to take the bike on long trips but so far am limited because of lack of supplies..

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you have a highmount exhaust, keep in mind that saddle bags may be out of the question.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So far for me anyway, a backpack works just fine. ;)

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more options are Givi Hardcases, Tank bags, tail bags, back packs, ;D fanny packs ;D etc... check out some moto websites, like www.oneidasuzuki.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out www.luggagelocker.com Tank and tailbags that are about as secure as possible. The tankbag looks a little odd because it doesn't touch the painted surface. The tailbag can be ordered either of two ways; one that attaches to your rear seat, or one that has it's own base that replaces the rear seat.
Not cheap, but worth it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
+1 on luggage locker. Just got their seat pack which is well made, large and nearly waterproof. Quick turnaround and locally made (Ohio).
I like a magnetic tankbag, too, there's lots to choose from, many around $60. Recommend one with a clear map pocket so you can keep track of where you're going (or slide a pic of the Mrs in there).

·
Registered
21 Posts
donedidit said:
I just recently purchased a naked sv650 04 model and love it. I am looking for luggage options instead of tying down my duffel bag on the back which is a pain in the neck and does not hold very much of anything. I saw on the givi sight they have options, but stopped in one cycle shop where they said there are none for my bike. Is that tru? I like to take the bike on long trips but so far am limited because of lack of supplies..

I might not make any friends here, but generally, dealerships are a little clueless. And/or they just don't care. I somewhat understand, because this is one of those things they can't make a whole lot of money at. Normally though...if you do any reasearch on the internet....you are the expert when you walk in to a dealer....not them.

Check out www.twistedthrottle.com they have all types of hard luggage, plus mounting kits for each brand.

If you want a really good resource for all things Sport Touring, check out www.sport-touring.net. This site has an extensive web forum for folks to chat about touring on sport bikes. You will find out much more there than your dealer could ever tell you.

FWIW...I have a full set of soft luggage made by Nelson-Rigg that I got from www.newenough.com. It is quite sturdy and works well. As far as I am concerned....it is the biggest bang for the buck in oft luggage. However, make sure to protect your paint, becuase soft luggage scuffs plastic in short order.

Vee2Win

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Vee2win said:
However, make sure to protect your paint, becuase soft luggage scuffs plastic in short order.
I have the Tourmaster Cortech Sport tail bag, and that is my biggest complaint. It attaches with bungee cords that are attached to the underside of the bag. The bag is very sturdy and well made, but there's no doubt that it will scuff the paint eventually without protection.

If you're bungees are rubbing the paint, try this solution: apply clear packing tape to the parts of the bike where the bungees touch. If you take your time and keep the air bubbles out, it's barely noticeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts