Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the holiday weekend, i took on test fitting a few items to the bike, my LSL urban headlight included. I didn't realize how terribly the factory cluster interferes with the front of the bike once the fairing is removed. Have people used creative work arounds for this? Or is my best bet to invest in a vapor gauge. i'm not sold on the headlight yet :(, only because of this gauge! The headlight itself can not be mounted any higher unless i look into a different mounting solution.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, I just had the same dilema with a different headlight setup. The rhino horn looked just downright terrible.

I decided to go w/ a Vapor Stealth setup and keep the stock gauge for the dealer mode features like TPS adjustment and error codes etc.

·
very big dumb
8,894 Posts
on my last bike, i pivoted the gauge down a lot so it was almost horizontal. bend the mounting bracket down or get the aztec8 gauge bracket and then it doesn't stick up anywhere near as much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on my last bike, i pivoted the gauge down a lot so it was almost horizontal. bend the mounting bracket down or get the aztec8 gauge bracket and then it doesn't stick up anywhere near as much.
hmmm... i hadn't considered that at all. that sounds like a great option!

thanks for your suggestions.

·
very big dumb
8,894 Posts
That is a pretty slick place for the front turn signal mounts as well.
only an option if
1) you never use a tank bag
2) you never use a tank camera mount
3) you don't put your chin on the tank (tuck in) or hang off (could interfere with your arms possibly)
4) you don't care that your leg or arm will probably wipe that out the next time you drop the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts