Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone delt with lowering an '03 - up SV650s? Mygirlfriend wants one but she's only 5'2" and cant get her feel to the ground.

Thanks in advance for all your replys!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
there are quite a few options.

you can shave the seat down and recover it to gain an inch or two.

if that's not enough, you can get dogbones to lower the bike another inch or two. make sure you raise the fork tubes to keep the geometry the same.

i used dogbones from holeshot to drop mine an inch. another short woman, entrpysedge, dropped it 1.5-2 inches which some custom made dogbones.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's pretty easy. You can get lowering dogbones for the rear for however much drop she needs. And then you can slip the forks up in the triples the same to get the front lowered and keep the bike balanced front to rear.

Cost is only about 50 bucks for the dogbones.
http://www.spyderracing.com/jda_LL_305_p/jda-ll-305.htm

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, doesnt sound so bad. So if I lower both front and rear the same amount it shouldnt throuh of the geometry? No slow turning or other problems?

·
Registered
80 Posts
It will keep the geometry close to stock so it won't be too bad. It will still be a little off but you can't get around that when lowering a bike. But the slower steering is less of a danger to your girl than her not being able to touch the ground.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a set of dog bones I pulled off the 04 SV650 I just bought. They have three lowering positions and worked well to lower the bike. The bike had 600 miles on it when I bought it so the usage on the dog bones is very minimal. If your interested in them let me know. I was going to post them for $35 plus shipping (probably $5). Let me know if you want them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
canus said:
It's pretty easy. You can get lowering dogbones for the rear for however much drop she needs. And then you can slip the forks up in the triples the same to get the front lowered and keep the bike balanced front to rear.

Cost is only about 50 bucks for the dogbones.
http://www.spyderracing.com/jda_LL_305_p/jda-ll-305.htm
Now I now it says 03' but i'm new to this, so does this also fit on the 05' SV650S? and are they really easy to install or would it take a few hours. Sorry don't mean to thread jack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts