MOTORADOR
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I cook the upper ones?

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Twice.

So what's the problem? They're great with eggs at breakfast. For one.
BaB, the problem is it can get expensive. Let me explain.

If the rectiFrier fails in high-volt mode, and if not replaced, it will repeatedly fry (re-fry, if you will) the low beans. It can take out the ignitor too, $$$.

The problem is generally confined to the SV gen1, gen2 rectifriers rarely fail. Ofir did not say, but I am pretty sure he is seeing this is on his gen1.

Smart gen1 owner replace the stock R/R with a MasFat Rectifrier resulting in a tastier, less expensive, and overall, better experience. :fiddy:

·
MOTORADOR
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...It can take out the ignitor...
You are not seeing the big picture here. When beans go bad, the exhaust starts expelling unburned gases which, if exposed to the ignitor, can wreak major havoc in and around the entire system. Many call the resulting reaction a rectumfrier.

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
You are not seeing the big picture here. When beans go bad, the exhaust starts expelling unburned gases which, if exposed to the ignitor, can wreak major havoc in and around the entire system. Many call the resulting reaction a rectumfrier.
No ignitor present. Thank God. :diaf:

SVRider, you come for the motorcycles... you stay for the highbrow humor.

·
MOTORADOR
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cook the best low beans in the world. Trick is to let them sit in water for 2 days! :)
I think you missed the point of this thread. Don't worry, I've bean there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts