Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am the second owner. The previous owner took really great care of it. However I have found a few things of interest that I do not recall being mentioned. Found another today.

So I failed my inspection. Something happened to my kickstand, and now it wouldn't stay up on its own. I hadn't ridden in two weeks.

That was not all it failed for, but that is fort another thread.

So I get home (I had towed it to the dealership because I was also getting new tires put on). I picked up a general spring pack from a auto parts store and was going to fashion my own spring. Roger roger...

First thing I notice that no one did, there is only one bolt holding the dang sidestand to the bike! Not two, one! Boy oh boy, going to have to pick one of those up. Moving on...

So, in my motorcycle class, I remember reading/hearing about some bikes having a sensor that cuts the engine if the sidestand is down and the bike in gear. Figured mine just did not have this feature... WRONG!

Someone cut the dang wire that goes to this sensor because the little button that goes in and out based on where the sidestand is, well it is stuck.

My question, how much would it be to get another sensor, and is it really important?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im sure you can find another sensor cheap on here, a lot of race/track guys do away with them. I dont have the one that came on my bike or id offer it to you. Can always check ebay as well.

I would put one back on if it were me, driving away with the kickstand down can end extremely badly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a sidestand switch and complete sidestand, including one bolt (the other bolt is busy right now). I do not have enough posts so it isn't "for sale," but send me a PM if you are interested in seeing a picture of the switch, stand, and bolt.

Also, the switch isn't critical to operation if it is properly bypassed, but I can tell you that it's really nice to have the switch operating properly on a street bike. However, having two bolts is pretty important for the sidestand itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts