Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know if anyone else noticed but the horns on bikes aren't very loud, so when i had to put a horn on the SV-S i got from a buddy (because it "shot" off when he did a stoppie) instead of going for the $35 stock horn i went to Autozone and bought a ten dollar dual horn system (high and low frequency horns) that with a little finesse went in quite nicely inside the fairing on each side of the engine and is so very loud, I'm definitely heard when i blow my horn.

·
Registered
187 Posts
bah, you reminded me to do that for my bike. although i have the tendency to never use the horn but to give the engine a nice rev. my hmf engineering can might as well be a straight pipe. but i'm still going to autozone right now to get some air horns. then i can move the sv stock horn to my POS beater car....which has been without a horn for....years

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure, i'll get back with some pics later

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got a blazer horn system made by Tiger accesories which had separate high and low horns, which i mounted on each side of the engine inside the front cowling, i used the enclosed metal tabs and did some bending to mount the horns, here are some pics of the left side:its mounted to the upper support bolt for the radiator (oh, i just realized that the 3rd pic is upside down, sorry). here are some pics of the right side which was slightly easier:this one is mounted from the support for the radiator cap. to wire this up i just went from the stock horn plugand ran the wires back to a relay in the area under the front seatthis was to energize the relay, and for the horn power i came off the power connector right behind the batterythrough the relay contacts to the horns, of course if you buy a different kit you'll have to do what you have to to get them in there, i got this one because it had the two different tones(=more noise) and the horns were smaller than most of the other ones, good luck

·
Registered
687 Posts
someone on here mounted air horns on there svs with no truble any good a search i am sure it will come up ..

·
Registered
687 Posts
i am sure it can, there was someone who did that too . but the guy who had it on his svs had it well hidden and you couldnt tell at all ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
great thread, but be careful that the horn sounds somewhat "bike-ish". An MSF instructor I had once pointed out that if your bike sounds like a Mack Truck, that's what the driver will be looking for and you'll still be invisible!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to bring up an oldie, but I have a set of air horns and I cannot figure out how to effectively mount them on an 03 svs. I searched but couldn't find anyone who had done it on an 03+, if anyone did or knows where it's described, could they point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NHSVnaked said:
WHere can you get those?
get what

by the way, why would you take a nice naked and put fairings on it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I can't remember what I had trouble with since I did the orig install almost a year ago, I'll take a look at it next week and see if I can figure out how to get them on properly this time. I think originally I was stumped on where to put the compressor since the instructions it came with said it had to be vertical, however someone said they had theirs horizontal with no problems and therefore I should be able to put it on the bracket of the original horn. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts