Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2007 sv1000 with 7k miles http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/403559_10151860902215343_154194873_n.jpg but it was dropped hard on the left side. i fixed everything on it except for one thing, this really really loud POP under the gas tank. it's so loud, it scares me to ride it. it rattles the gas tank and it kinda sounds like the gas tank is being sucked in or punched from the bottom. please help.

people are telling me it's backfiring through the intake and that it is possibly a vacuum leak, i dont know. the mechanic i went to couldnt figure it out -_-" (maybe he's just bad). some friends told me the stuff inside the engine might need to be redone like the seals, timing, valves, cam, and etc.

thank you guys in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the last owner mounted a gear indicator next to the rpm and it's wired into something. other than that it's all stock

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Let's start with checking all hose connections to the airbox and ensuring the airbox is not loaded down with oil inside of it from being on it's side. You can also start by thumbing thru the links provided by Bish here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the idle is too low, you can get an off idle backfire.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
If the idle is too low, you can get an off idle backfire.
Very true, my bike was idling from the previous owner at less than 1000. It's a simple fix by getting a philips head screw driver and looking on the left side of the bike (if sitting on it) for the little white clip that has a philips head screw on it, spin that screw and adjust the idle accordingly.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
+3, while there are other multiple causes, that is one of the solutions to the symptoms some were having in one of the links provided. Simon, if you have found a manual that you were looking for, the idle screw location is in there, if not, a picture of it's location can be uploaded for you if need be.

BTW, I have a PDF manual, but no host to upload it to, maybe someone else does?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts