Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Just the fact that Nate is doing this ... KUDO's to him!

You are still one lucky dude in my book!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dielectric grease is my saviour. I had this problem once before, no big deal, apart from being given the scariest ride of my life.
The bike would run 1 cylinder, then two, then one. Power surged in and out and being a relative newb at the time it scared me sense less.
I actually ran a small bead of silicone sealant around the lip where the boot touches the outside of the hole on the cylinder and splooged copious amount of dielectric grease into the boot. No problems since. There is enough silicone to seal the boot to the cylinder but little enough to break it free easily for maintenance purposes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got to rock the wicked awesome SV325 home from work last night in an absolute downpour! It was teh Roxx0rz.m

I woke up this morning & it both cylinders were firing so I geared up and took off. Of course as soon as I left my neighborhood the front one stopped firing again. It sorted itself out after 6 or 7 miles, but it was a real pain.

I'm going to clean the drain hole, lube the spark plug with dielectric grease & maybe get a Fenda Extenda to prevent this from happening again. Of course, I'm also going to get a toll tag for my KLR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys. I washed my SV and made sure to get into all the spaces and get it looking its best. I then experienced an issue afterwards which resembled that with which you guys have explained is water seeping in under the spark plug wire. I don't have an air compressor, so I got a can of the compressed air that is sold at Walmart and electronic stores (for stuff like getting the crap out of your keyboard, ect.). I then took the ignition wire out and sprayed inside. After a quick spray I put everything back together and I started the bike back up and noticed an improvement. I then turned it off and decided to spray the compressed air more thoroughly to get all the water out. Well, once I was done and got the bike all sorted out...it wouldn't start. It tries to start but won't. The lights come on just fine but it sputters and stops. Any Suggestions guys? Thanks.

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving Holiday.....

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.