Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the SV out with my girlfriend on the back yesterday- went to meet a friend at the local shop- he was getting a new visor.

I was excited to show him this awesome set of twisty roads that I take to get too and from work - its about 10 miles. We set out, and I realize that I was out riding him WITH my girl on the back... hes on a 2004 636.

Needless to say this made me feel great about my riding, I suppose I have improved this last year... The added confidence quickly went to my head and coming up on the 2nd to last bend, right hand turn I lean over and I hear this ******* and feel a little bump on my right foot.

Rolled up to the stop- no rear brake pedal, just a nub (that is still usable but not so great). Friend shows up next to me says- you lost some metal... he laughs ****ing hit me right in the chest... (hes a bit of squid...just in a teeshirt... no real damage though luckily)

I guess the extra squat from having my girlfriend on the back put it just low enough for this to happen...

Do they make fold-able brake levers like they do shift levers?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have an extra brake pedal. It's not perfect as I had to bend it back to shape, and in doing so I put some notches in it. Still totally functional, and from a couple of feet away you probably wouldn't even be able to tell. It was gifted to me by a member here.

I've got aftermarket rearsets though, so if you want it it yours.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an extra brake pedal. It's not perfect as I had to bend it back to shape, and in doing so I put some notches in it. Still totally functional, and from a couple of feet away you probably wouldn't even be able to tell. It was gifted to me by a member here.

Thats a oem one? if so, no worries, really lookin for one of the spring loaded ones ... trying to avoid the cast aluminum rigid stuff

Also - I have 2005 GSXR 750 shock that (lol) probably needs adjusted.

I have no problems just by myself but I think w/ her on the back it's really out of it's element

Also- (danger Will Robinson) shes about 160lb's

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing wrong with a lady whos got some substance.

How angled do you normally run your brake pedal?

Here's a guide on how to use a GSXR piece on the SV:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111276
I tottally agree, although she likely wouldn't and the "danger will Robinson" was in effect if she were to see this haha.

As for the angle of the pedal- this was probably another part of the issue (now that you mention it) - months ago I had to run a city intersection really tight because of a zoned out left hander in front of me- I kept the right turn so tight that I grazzed the curb with the brake lever, turned it into a U shape.

Surprisingly it bent right around with some leverage... Perhaps I didn't take it all the way back, and also (perhaps) the metal fatigue (plus this road strike) was too much.

I might try these

http://www.amazon.com/Foot-Pedal-Folding-TL1000S-TL1000R/dp/B001F7CEKG/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1345408556&sr=1-4&keywords=sv650+rear+brake+lever

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
They make these out to be universal- no mention of a year/make/model selection anywhere...

Is it the whole lever they are selling or just the tip? Also- doesn't mention brake/shifter.

Kinda looks like they need to finish developing their store haha.
It's universal if you have Woodcraft rearsets/pedals :p

·
Registered
608 Posts

ahhh... the brake pedal that keeps on going lol... because I actually traded for that with someone on here too lol

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhh... the brake pedal that keeps on going lol... because I actually traded for that with someone on here too lol
Lol that does raise my interest level a tiny bit...

Does it tell a story? Lol

Really have a dislike for this cast stuff though still...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Lol that does raise my interest level a tiny bit...

Does it tell a story? Lol

Really have a dislike for this cast stuff though still...
oohh the things that it has seen, if only it could talk... From the East coast to the West coast of this beautiful country...

either that or that its just been passed around more that the town hooker :evil6:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You could either buy one of their pedals or just drill your pedal for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts