Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ok, so I never thought I'd lose a big @ss bolt like that in my bike. Trust me I did all I could do to shake, rattle and roll the bike to get it to fall out. Never saw where it went, just that it did NOT end up on the ground. I spent a good 30 min of quality ride time trying to locate the little bugger, knowing that as soon as I got out on the road it would fall out at some unkown location. Oh well, my seat is a bit squeaky now, but with 60 deg. sunny days ya just gotta take a chance. :)

Anyone else run into this and find a non-OEM bolt that worked just as well? I'll likely spring for the $3 or $4 to replace it, but don't little things like this just spoil your day??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Another little piece of hardware to be careful about losing are those little metal spacers.  6 screws attach the rear plastics to the subframe.  The front 4 have stupid little spacers that fall out easily once you remove the screws.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's called a button head and you might find one in the metric bolt section of your local hardware store. I'd look for a stainless steel type.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Zak650 said:
It's called a button head and you might find one in the metric bolt section of your local hardware store. I'd look for a stainless steel type.
+1.  take the other one with you so you can match sizes.  i've done this with too many bolts on the sv already

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.. and sure you can ride without these bolts, but even with just the one missing the seat squeaks and groans now and then. I'll check out the local bolt store and see what I can find. And be assured that next time I'll be a bit more careful with little pieces that could go to never-never land in my bike. :)

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I am missing one of mine because the threads are bad on one side. I just bought some of those pins that have the balls in them that you can just push in and pull out. Not sure what they are called but it makes for fast disassembly

·
Registered
722 Posts
Solution: Walk across the garage to your wife's bike and steal her bolt. ;D

Redline can get little stuff like that and they don't charge you $8 shipping like Ron Ayers.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
go to your dealership. shit like bolts are free. I have gotten like 5-6 bolts from them and two spare keys for free. The rest of the items I pay for are ass-rapings though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Duct tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts