Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was mounting my wheels today on the sv.
For some reason it turned into a project with the rear wheel.
The front went right on with in minutes.
The rear i was having problems with.

had to pry the pads apart. Then nothing wanted to line up. Spacers were falling out into the dirt.
Just a god dam project.

Finnally get it all lined up and go to put the last spacer in and its gone.
WTF where the hell is it. Counlt have gone far. Well its gone, so I cant ride.

Anyways, if anyone has a first gen wheel spacer,
the one on the right hand side, between the bearing and the hanger, id love to buy it off you.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
maybe you need this

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's much easier to remount your wheel if you take the time to unbolt your caliper. Takes about sixty seconds. Then you don't have to screw around trying to line up the disc with the caliper in addition to the axle and the spacers, and ...

Course you'll need a torque wrench to properly reinstall the caliper, but you oughta have one of those anyway.

Take a look at ronayers.com if you can't find your spacer. Probably the cheapest source of oem parts.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Kid Thunder said:
I was mounting my wheels today on the sv.
For some reason it turned into a project with the rear wheel.
The front went right on with in minutes.
The rear i was having problems with.

had to pry the pads apart. Then nothing wanted to line up. Spacers were falling out into the dirt.
Just a god dam project.

Finnally get it all lined up and go to put the last spacer in and its gone.
WTF where the hell is it. Counlt have gone far. Well its gone, so I cant ride.

Anyways, if anyone has a first gen wheel spacer,
the one on the right hand side, between the bearing and the hanger, id love to buy it off you.
I'm not a very good mechanic either, that's why I pay a dealer

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
randomSV650 said:
wow,grow up.so,neither of you two has ever lost a tool?a nut or bolt?or anything?seriously,give KT a break and grow up.funny how he get's called immature for crap when guys like you go around calling him a dumbass.

get a life.
oh geez come one i was only joking. kt should know better than to take me seriously.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Nothing worse than having a part or tool just vanish, it happens to me all the time. Somewhere in my garage will be hundreds of pounds worth of motorcycle parts and tools. Where are all my 6mm allen keys? Perhaps they were carried off by a very small and unselective dragon and now form part of its cr-v horde.

I lost an intake cam once. That was quite irritating. Put it down for a second... i found it 3 hours later, in a room I swear I'd not been into all day.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i feel your pain. I 've had a couple of fights with the rear, but I came out on top. There were some times that they had engineered the rear differently for ease of use, but maybe it doesnt get betterthan that.

I had a struggle one time with aliging the wheel, and I had almost wished for single sider. I'm always on the lookout for something that has a clear simple beautiful design. A wish for just one or 2 screws which could take the whole thing apart. A well thought out mechanism, where no cursing is involved.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
randomSV650 said:
wow,grow up.so,neither of you two has ever lost a tool?a nut or bolt?or anything?seriously,give KT a break and grow up.funny how he get's called immature for crap when guys like you go around calling him a dumbass.

get a life.
Now that is funny...a 17 year old telling a 32 year old to grow up. Now, why don't you shut your mouth next time you think about saying anything like this again, and realize that maybe I talk to KT outside this board, and if he isn't upset by the ball busting, then you don't need to worry about it either.

BTW, I have never said anything to the kid to make him wanna leave the board.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
DougZ said:
Now that is funny...a 17 year old telling a 32 year old to grow up. Now, why don't you shut your mouth next time you think about saying anything like this again, and realize that maybe I talk to KT outside this board, and if he upset by the ball busting, then you don't need to worry about it either.

BTW, I have never said anything to the kid to make him wanna leave the board.
I'd have to agree with random, it was a bad time for you to to call him a dumbass, KT posted a sympathy thread and you were the first and you set the tone of the thread, now go ahead and belittle me too :-*

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
I'd have to agree with random, it was a bad time for you to to call him a dumbass, KT posted a sympathy thread and you were the first and you set the tone of the thread, now go ahead and belittle me too :-*
Bastid, I didn't read his sympathy post.....I didn't even know he left right away. Some of us don't live on the board Jim.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts