1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
MOTORADOR
10,964 Posts
Never had any problems with mine. Sturdy as a rock.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had any problems with mine. Sturdy as a rock.
Yeah even when I was bolting them up the right side one (ironically the one that didn't break off) - the threads stripped ... barely tightened it (I am no buff dude haha)...

I ended up drilling it through and putting a bolt through it...

I might just run with one mirror for now, I rarely use the right side mirror and I turn my head for all lane changes anyway....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Get a set of napoleon's. I think I paid like $30-40 for mine at denniskirk. They are rock solid and they do not vibrate too much so you can actually tell if the car behind you has a light bar or not.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a set of napoleon's. ...you can actually tell if the car behind you has a light bar or not.
That is EXACTLY what I need :vroom:

But really I find myself checking the mirrors for cops so often... I don't really speed but I have had it happen probably 5 times now where a cop just appeared behind me ... No lights, no arrests :naughty: [cause i was driving like a sane person] but it's still really discomforting how they just show up on your tail.

It bothers me more that they don't drive their crown vics very well since they are so distracted with their stupid computer. I am surprised they don't crash all the time...You'd think the no cell phone laws would stop people from using laptops... lol.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Cops are usually exempt from the no cell laws, presumably because they are better then us at driving, well everything for that matter.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Watch out guys, might be 5-0 lurking
I'd love a cop to attempt to arrest me because I said he sucks at driving.

I'd love to see that go down in a court room.

On the original note- I couldn't find napoleons at dennis kirk- loads of other stuff.

Amazon and ebay all have that same design like i already have...

Guess ill stay on the hunt.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I had the CRG Lanesplitters on my bike. Expensive but rock solid over 3+ years and 17,000 miles. Seriously thinking about putting them on my Ducati.

·
Registered
850 Posts
You'd think the no cell phone laws would stop people from using laptops... lol.
Every cop I've talked to agree's the computer is a distraction, but it's deemed necessarily to increase response time and do the job effectively. They are aware, and trained about it, and thus the majority of them are very careful. Same if you're aware using the phone is distracting. If you're aware, you can minimize the distraction (primary focus on driving, secondary on phone, instead of the other way around)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts