Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bike out quite a few times this season so far, had my bike inspected last week and I was riding around and I noticed my cornering is not as sharp as it was before I got the bike inspected, it was going a little wide on mt if I hit some rough spots in a turn, for some reason I had a feeling of more confidence before, so I call the place that did the inspection, he did say he had to put air in the tires, actually I don't know what was in them before, I know I should have checked them, but in the 6000 miles I had it I never checked the tire pressure, the tires are stock whatever came on the 07 SV650s model, he did say what was on the swingarm, that what he put in, should I drop 2 lbs per tire and try it.

Chet

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'd say you're better off checking your tire pressure at least once a month and learning to ride with the proper amount of air in your tires.

That is unless you like wasting gas, riding a bike that is slower than necessary, spending a lot on tires, and eventually putting yourself in the dangerous position of risking a blowout.

While you're at it, please go to wikipedia and search for "Run-on sentence".

·
Registered
269 Posts
Check your manual for confirmation, or the side of the tire itself, but off the top of my head the stock tires are 33 front 36 back (PSI)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Your tire manufacturer will list the proper air pressure. There is no one magic number for all tires. For commuting some people overinflate a few PSI while going into the twisties or racing you deflate a few PSI from the base number from the tire manufacturer. Stick with the manufacturer's number until you are more informed.

Please check your tire air pressure more often, it's essential that you pay attention it for your safety. You cannot rely on having 4 tires like in a car to save your butt from lack of maintenance.

I check my air pressure at least every 2 weeks, but more like once a week. Especially now because the high daily temperature fluctuates 30 degrees easily right now and that affects the cold air pressure in tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts