Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem/question for everyone:

my buddy's vtwin (kawi cruiser, 650 or 700 i believe) is having some weird problems. 1st and 2nd gear seem fine, but when he rolls on the throttle in 3rd or 4th gear, after a certain point his RPMs dont increase anymore. he's not topping out and redlining or anything, just that they hit an invisible barrier and the bike wont accelerate. any idea as to what this could be?

potentially pertinent info: he recently had a minor lowside. only damage that he noticed was a dented tank and bent tail blinker, but who knows.

i realize im short on info here (i havent checked out the bike so im only going on what hes told me), but any ideas -- even what you may consider super basic -- might help him out. thanks!

N

·
0 Posts
Dave beat me to it, but it does sound like fuel (either gasoline or air) starvation. I've had a similar thing happen.

:)

K

·
0 Posts
mixed up plug wires.
my friend jus go a beater bike and that waz his problem
mine as well check everything..
clean out the carbs too mabey oil is in them from the low slide.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Kid Thunder could've stumbled onto another possiblity.

the bike falls over & fills the air filter box w/ oil, which the filter soaks up, and causes it to restrict the airflow.
So the bike may not be getting enough air.

Pull the filters and have a look.

K

·
0 Posts
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowhh
i contributed to a thread. yeaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, thanks for the replies guys, ill pass the info along. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My boy just had the same problem with his ducati monster. We changed the fuel filter (NAPA, $4.50!) and had full performance back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts