Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 SV650 project I am building. I have the front wheel and rotor off now to mount a tire and noticed both rotors are slightly loose at the mating rings? I can take each rotor and back and forth slightly. Are my rotors and mounts junk? Are the rings worn out? I don't know what you call those metal rings that connect and hold the rotor to the base mount?
Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
There should be a little play in the rotor 'buttons', but they shouldn't be loose. You should be able to flex them some, but they shouldn't rattle. With the OEM rotors, the easiest way to fix them is to replace them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't know what you call those metal rings that connect and hold the rotor to the base mount?
Some places called them "buttons", others call them "pins." They are 10.5mm, I believe (rotor is 4.5mm thick). I haven't found replacements, though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I noticed the same thing after I changed the fork oil and springs on my 01. Is slight play something that I should immediately be worried about? Just dont want to drop the money to replace the rotor unless this is something that will become a safety issue. Mine is only on one side so if it goes I will at least be able to still brake but am worried that a rotor breaking to pieces, if it would easily come to this would cause the front wheel to seize up

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's normal.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
I asked this question to Galfer about my wave rotors,they said it is completely normal. My rear rotor on PVM rim is very loose,again asked about it and was told it is normal and to stop worrying about it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What if some of the "springs" that are under the buttons are missing. Are they ok to use if you remove all the "springs"? I guess that would be full floating. I have a set I replaced just because they were missing a couple. If I can still use them I may put them on a extra wheel.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Would'nt worry unless you have slack when you hold your front brake and rock the bike back and forth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts