Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/1118305525.html

but I wonder what the real story is.
CHEAP 2006 Suzuki SV 650S - $2088 (eastern CT)
Engine Stroke: 4-Stroke * Valve Configuration: DOHC * Transmission Type: Manual * Primary Drive (Rear Wheel): Chain * Bike cover used every day and night, as well as garage kept. * Compression Ratio: 11.5:1 * Valves: 8 * Starter: Electric * This bike has been babied through its all life. Bike cover used every day and night, as well as garage kept. * Number Of Speeds: 6 * Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc * Valves Per Cylinder: 4 * Front Tire (Full Spec): 120/60 ZR17 * This bike has been babied through its all life. * Front Brake Type: Dual Hydraulic Disc * Engine Type: V Twin * Engine is super strong. Cleaned after every ride. Never seen rain. Extensive break in service completed every 600 miles * Very nice low mile bike. The tank is dent and scratch free. * Zero problems. Bone stock - everything! * Cylinders: 2 * Starts Right Up. * This bike is in mint condition. New tires only have 100 miles on them! Has never been crashed, dropped or put down. * Very good mechanical condition * Pristine condition! * Cooling: Liquid * Rear Tire (Full Spec); 160/60 ZR17 *

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I ran into this same cr*p on Craigslist twice while looking for my current ride. I've known people to play the game with the scammers and string them along for weeks, never putting a penny into the deal, just jerking the scammer along as long as possible. They deserve it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
just saw that one on our local cl. I almost called on it and then was like wtf, there's something wrong with this picture.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Was it a teal colored "S" model?

It was on my local CL here on the Central Coast of California. Exact same ad only here it was priced at $2047.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow that SV moves....... it's currently in half of the city's in michigan! At least he would change the price from city to city. I emailed him he has a north dakota area code.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A buddy of mine is trying to get a bike right now. He does all these follow ups on ads on CL only to find out they are scams. So far it has happened on two bikes he was looking at. One guy wanted my friend to send money via western union (this one was on eBay). The other guy wanted money sent to him as well from the UK (go figure).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This particular bike was pulled down a couple hours after it was put up. There was a %500 Katana that looked interesting, older and not in running condition. But for now, one bike at a time...
Barry

·
Registered
61 Posts
same one posted in pensacola... also given a fargo ND area code... wish there was some way to find these guys and give them what they deserve... they just need to go out and get a real job

1 - 9 of 9 Posts