Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a few things I see people type that makes me say "there's another one."

Someone posts pictures of a bike. Looks like the same 'ol SV that we've seen thousands of times over the years and then I see the response "looks clean."

I figure there's nothing else to really say about a bike. I've used it myself a few times and laughed when I typed it. "Wow, that's one clean looking bike." I would hope so, maybe he just washed it. Yeah the mods all match and flow. Never thought cleanliness could be a compliment. Next time my girl throws something on, I'll tell her "wow baby girl, you're lookin mighty clean!"

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
...and then SHE goes out with her gf's!! lol

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I dunno about you guys... but my bike is dirty 6 days a week. The only part that looks clean is the chain.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I don't get it, saying something looks clean imo just means the same as saying everything flows and looks smooth and natural.

What do you think it means when someone says a bike looks "busy"?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yeah. I think that's a perfectly acceptable way to describe a bike that is tastefully modded, with add-ons that complement the overall look and lines.

Stickers, random sh*t, and things bolted on "just because" do not make a clean bike.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
There's a few things I see people type that makes me say "there's another one."

Someone posts pictures of a bike. Looks like the same 'ol SV that we've seen thousands of times over the years and then I see the response "looks clean."

I figure there's nothing else to really say about a bike. I've used it myself a few times and laughed when I typed it. "Wow, that's one clean looking bike." I would hope so, maybe he just washed it. Yeah the mods all match and flow. Never thought cleanliness could be a compliment. Next time my girl throws something on, I'll tell her "wow baby girl, you're lookin mighty clean!"
The "clean" that we mean has somewhat a different definition than what Marriam-Webster's says it means. Similar but different.

Like RedRaptor said, Flowing lines, not alot of doo-dads sticking out everywhere. Good paint job, usually solid color without much graphics or "effects." And no shopping cart wing. Usually just a lip or OEM spoiler for cars.

"Clean" is like when you see that slick shiny new painted car with all the moldings shaved and bondo'ed flush. Let me find a picture of "clean." One second...

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Clean Supra:

not a "clean" Supra:

Again, NOt a clean supra:

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I likes my bikes clean and my women dirty....

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Veeeeeeery clean RX-7:

yeah, I got a "thing" for black cars. what? Wanna fight about it?

NOT a clean FD RX-7:

Not Clean, but not exactly a "RX-7" either:

This one is more "bad-assed" than it is "clean" ;) Japanese VeilSide goodness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts