Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, right now I have a little ninja 250, but I am highly considering getting a SV650 as a next bike. Not much to say, but I hope to join you SV riders here in the near future.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ummm... right...

just get the SV you'll enjoy it for years! just be good to it and it'll be good to you.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Well first of welcome to the forum

How long have you been on the 250?

A friend of mine has a GS500 ( relative starting bike as well) and he has gotten to the point to get into something with a bit more grunt and he loves my SV.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yeah, the gs500 was my first bike too. Loved it, but needed some more.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well first of welcome to the forum

How long have you been on the 250?

A friend of mine has a GS500 ( relative starting bike as well) and he has gotten to the point to get into something with a bit more grunt and he loves my SV.
I've only had 1 year on the 250 (my first bike), I got it with 3 miles on it.

I really love the specs for the SV, but although I would really like an inline 4, the torquey V-twin looks inviting.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :hello:

You mean this jump??

Your story sounds a lot like mine, I spent a year on a 250, jumped up to a SV. Certainly worth getting. I4s are neat, but a little over the top for normal street use. My biggest tip, if you feel you need that extra speed, take an advanced riders course and learn to corner.

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum. :hello:

You mean this jump??

Your story sounds a lot like mine, I spent a year on a 250, jumped up to a SV. Certainly worth getting. I4s are neat, but a little over the top for normal street use. My biggest tip, if you feel you need that extra speed, take an advanced riders course and learn to corner.

Good luck :thumbsup:
Awesome dude!! I'm really good with cornering, but with a new bike and tire size, I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve.

·
Administrator
11,047 Posts
Hey welcome. I'm kinda backwards... I love my SV with a passion, but I also love stealing my wife's Ninjette and taking it to chase some canyons. ;D

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Awesome dude!! I'm really good with cornering, but with a new bike and tire size, I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve.
I use to think I was too. Take an advanced riders course. You will not regret it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool thanks man!!

Well just so you guys know, I will be picking up a 2005 SV650S tomorrow. Got it with tons of mods done to it and very well maintained. Got the cash ready to go. I will post here with pics or a video later.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I think you can post pictures right away, you need 25 posts to post in the for sale section though.

You have to host the pictures somewhere like Photobucket though, and then link them in your post. It is really simply PM me if you can't figure it out.

Good luck with the purchase tomorrow. Hope it is what you expecting and better. I've been REALLY excited for purchases before, then it was nothing like they explained when I got there. I'll be looking for the pictures tomorrow though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not to jack this thread but I'm not allowed to post attachments yet so hopefully that comes after 25 posts. At least I hope so cause I'm doing a fender eliminator thread and wanted to post pics for everyone.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Are you sure? I have seen a lot of new memebers post pictures of their bikes? You just copy a link from the photo hosting site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts