Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I purchased my 2001 SV650S new, and it's been 20 long years. I'm getting older, and find that I just don't fit on it / it hurts too much to ride for long distances. So I think it is time to figure out what it is worth in todays market, so I can plan a move to a touring bike. She's running the best she ever has, but I'm pinching nerves at the seat/leg angles, and eventually end up putting too much weight on my wrists, and am left with Carpal tunnel Tingles...

Bike has been down once, a low speed low-side, Frame sliders saved the day, and just have a small rub spot on muffler, and rear brake lever is modified. Barend mirrors and black levers replaced the other scratched bits. Front stubby blinkers, and LED Rears, custom FE and plate holder (Stop sign and SS), Stock Muffler with Mufflerectomy. Metzlers were replaced 8 years ago, a little squared3 Year old battery, 2 years ago did Racetech fork springs and new oil, Galfer brake lines and sintered pads, oil changed every 2 years, and only 17,000 miles total. Seats redone by Spencer, smoked windscreen, fender extender, and Ventura rack included.

Thanks for any help with its worth. I never planned on selling, but i need something that fits me better.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
That's a very beautiful bike!
Unfortunately, buyers won't usually care much about whatever aftermarket parts you've installed or how much you have spent on the bike over the years, they will just see a 20 year old SV that seems in good condition but needs tires and pay you based on that. Depending on your location, you can probably advertise it for $2,500 but be ready to go as low as $1,800 if you want to sell it fast.

Good luck with the sale and I hope you can get something that keeps you comfortably on the road for years to come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts