Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm ready to purchase my first bike and I want it to be an SV! Been reading alot about them and I'm psyched to get one.

I have $3500 max. to spend so I was hoping it would be enough to get a 2000-2002 model with approx. 25,000km on it. Would that be about right?

If anyone is selling or knows someone who is let me know. I live in Guelph so local would be a bonus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was one on the K/W Kijiji, it looks good, but I think buddy wants 4100 for it. It has been for sale for a while, so maybe he'll take a lower offer.

3500 is about right for a nice one.
checked it out and it looks like a beaut! :)

will give the chap a call and see what he says. any tips on what to check out in particular when buying an sv?

·
Registered
105 Posts
yes, it does look that way. use that as a bargaining point, but keep in mind the rear panels are cheap, and a slip on exhaust is a must for that great v-twin sound. also, the first valve inspection is due at 24K, that's could be something to bring up too, not a cheap service.

as for what to look for, I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago, so don't know much. i did research them a bit tho, and the only real reliability issue i could find was the regulator onthe older models crapping out.

keep in mind these are budget bikes, with budget parts. the suspension will need sorting if you want to push it.

someone else chime in if I am missing any faults.

·
Registered
86 Posts
3500 should get a nice ride for sure. My 02 with under 9000 km went for just under 4000 a year and a half ago. I safetied it myself too so I added an extra few dollars for a tire and brakes.

Good luck with it. The Curvy SV's are the fastest too IMO.

Ride on.
Troy

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Nocturnal. What kind of condition was my buddies bike in? How rough?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nocturnal. What kind of condition was my buddies bike in? How rough?
Mechanically, it would need the brakes/chain&sprockets/carbs completely rebuilt, and still has a misc electrical gremlin that has not been looked at (why it was put away, will not run). I would put new tires and battery on it too.

Cosmetically it is ok though, a little dusty, but ok.

NOT a good candidate for a first bike, unless you are willing to sink some serious cash into it. Worth it as a cheap parts bike, but not a rider IMO.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Mechanically, it would need the brakes/chain&sprockets/carbs completely rebuilt, and still has a misc electrical gremlin that has not been looked at (why it was put away, will not run). I would put new tires and battery on it too.

Cosmetically it is ok though, a little dusty, but ok.

NOT a good candidate for a first bike, unless you are willing to sink some serious cash into it. Worth it as a cheap parts bike, but not a rider IMO.
Yea. That is what i figgured. It has been sitting for some time. Almost bought it once, but found one in Ottawa that was bone stock. Which i wanted.

Luck looking man. One will surely show up.

d

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
One on GTAM. 2002 blue.

Year: 2002
Model: Sv650s
Make: Suzuki
KM's: roughly 14,000km

Colour: Blue
Fairings: Yes (Black-paintable)
Headlights: 8k Digital HID's
Exhaust: Yoshimura RS-3

Asking Price: $4,999.00

Important Information:

- Selling NON-Certified (Because of HID's)

- Original headlight bulbs included (free, if you wish to take off HIDs)
- Stands included (front & rear)
- Pictures on E-mail request.
- Frame sliders included

Reason for Selling:

May buy a car for next semester. Would be nice to drive to college.

[email protected] is the contact address.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Yep. Sure is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts