Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows of handlebar risers that are lower than the stock handlebar risers on a naked 2nd gen?

I've got Type 1 SM bars on right now and want to see if I can get it any lower.
(I know some of you might say just convert to clipons/or clubmans, but I wanna see if I can work with what I already have)

Does such a thing exist? Can't seem to find any info on it in the forums...

Thx

·
Chief Greeter
28,489 Posts
Hi raybee, I think someone here turned the stock bars upside down. Not sure if there was clearance issues with bars and tank. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi raybee, I think someone here turned the stock bars upside down. Not sure if there was clearance issues with bars and tank. Good luck!
Not a bad idea, yeah I think I saw some pics of that before. I may experiment with that sometime since I still have my stock bars.

But for now my setup is almost perfect with the Type 1 SM handlebars. If I could get them just and inch or more lower, I'd be set. :)

Hopefully someone knows of smaller/shorter risers or something of that effect.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I tried putting the stock bars on upside down. They hit the tank way before they got to full-lock.

How comfy is the type 1's? I tend to lean forward with no weight on the bars, and would like my hands to be farther forward so my arms aren't so bent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried putting the stock bars on upside down. They hit the tank way before they got to full-lock.

How comfy is the type 1's? I tend to lean forward with no weight on the bars, and would like my hands to be farther forward so my arms aren't so bent.
The Type 1's are awesome. First week I had a bit of a sore back for a few days, but since then haven't had that problem what so ever.

Your position is definitely more forward and you have a lot more feel for the front end. I find myself almost hugging the tank at times (I'm 5'7"), and my arms aren't bent much. Feels really natural when you tuck as well. Type 1's are the best thing I've done for my SV for the type of riding I do. I mainly commute (10miles to and from) and ride twisties. Not too long ago I took it out for roughly 100 miles, arms/wrists were a tad tired but I still felt like I could've ridden more.

So I'd say the Type 1's are very comfortable if you're already riding at a forward position with your bars now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am also looking for something similar, idk if i want to go to clipons, but the stock bars are a little too far back, and could be a little lower.
http://www.swattmotorcycle.com/Clip-Ons.html
best clip ons ive found casue they have a good rise available so they arent too low.
Yeah those are nice! I'll probably end up going with a clipon conversion later on down the line. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Subscribing. I too installed Type 1 bars recently and would like to see if they can go down even a pinch more. If not, I'm still happy with what I have. SM makes a really great product.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows of handlebar risers that are lower than the stock handlebar risers on a naked 2nd gen?

I've got Type 1 SM bars on right now and want to see if I can get it any lower.
(I know some of you might say just convert to clipons/or clubmans, but I wanna see if I can work with what I already have)

Does such a thing exist? Can't seem to find any info on it in the forums...

Thx

I have some LSL risers that are about 1" lower than stock. They're designed for a Motoguzzi, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work on the SV. The finish matches the top triple too.

They'll come with LSL Superbike bars as well, if anyone wants them... $75 shipped.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have some LSL risers that are about 1" lower than stock. They're designed for a Motoguzzi, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work on the SV. The finish matches the top triple too.

They'll come with LSL Superbike bars as well, if anyone wants them... $75 shipped.
By chance do the SV stock handlebars fit on the LSL risers? Or are the LSL risers specific to the LSL bars?

Thanks for the post!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts