Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend the wife and I are going up to a cabin near Jasper Arkansas for a few days. I can't resist taking the SV with me to go explore some countryside. Does anyone live/visit this area much and know of some good rides? I found a couple sites online with routes, but curious if anyone has any recommendations. I want to find some fun twisties, and maybe go out by myself for at least a little while, but also need to find a laid back 2-up ride.

I'm also curious if anyone knows of any motorcycle rental places around that area. I would like to rent a cruiser just for the comfort doing 2-up. My wife really doesn't like the back seat on the SV. The only places I have been able to find in the whole state are Pig Trail Harley, (where you can only rent a Harley) and some places where you can rent dual sports and do an off-road ride. I could probably deal with a Harley, just prefer something else.

So, if anyone knows the area and has any suggestions, let me know. I love eating at the small local restaurants and seeing the non-tourist side of things.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Don't know anything about rides in Arkansas off the top of my head, but I posted some recommended ride sites in this thread - http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161637&highlight=
Some of he sites include recommendations for touristy stuff and eating...
There should be some good roads around Jasper. My Wife and I went to Branson, MO last year and I really enjoyed riding 125 from US 60 East of Springfield, MO) down to Bull Shoals Lake and taking the ferry across the lake. I found the ride on one of the sites listed above. Also check - http://www.touringdepot.com/mcarkansas.html
Good Luck.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I used to live in AR as a kid, but a bit farther east, in north central & north east AR. Just looking at the map, there are a fair number of squiggly roads near Jasper, so you s/b able to have an enjoyable time. Don't know if you'll get there in time to see the leaves changing. That is a beautiful time of year, but can make the roads a bit treacherous. I'm getting a bit nostalgic just remembering. Have fun.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Jasper is in the middle of some incredible roads. A nice loop is 74 to Vendor, then 123 all the way to Clarksville, up 21 to 43 and 74 back to Jasper. Further east is Hwy 341, AKA Push Mountain Rd. Most of hwy 16 is great.

On 21 is the town of Ozone, the Burger Barn there is good. It's just a shack with some picnic tables outside. North edge of town, west side of the road.
Ozark Cafe in Jasper has really good breakfast, the Cliff House 7 miles south of town has great views and decent food. Only open for lunch I think.
Jasper is in a dry county, nearest beer is 12 miles north on hwy 7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts