Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting either a Scporpion Street Extreme or a Two Borthers for my 05 sv650s. I want something louder than stock but nothing two loud that cops will hear me 2 miles away. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I'm looking at getting either a Scporpion Street Extreme or a Two Borthers for my 05 sv650s. I want something louder than stock but nothing two loud that cops will hear me 2 miles away. Any opinions?

either do the muffler mod here... or get a yosh RS-3

I find my m4 a bit loud when idling or pulling out from stops... but I don't mind generally... it is just when I am around cops that I am a bit nervous

the Yosh is decently loud without having to worry about cops pulling you over at all... nor pissing off the old grannies down the street... I found the yosh a bit too quiet for my tastes.... but it is a good compromise on loudness and they look good

Scorpion is loud unless you have a db killer... I dunno how 2bros is though

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just got a 2 Brothers slip on. I installed it on Saturday and rode on Sunday. Not 1 mile from my house, I remember thinking, "man this is LOUD, Im going to need to get some earplugs".

J-Dog has a Scorpion (I think, or maybe its a Viper). Anyway, the 2 Bros is considerably louder than his. Although they both have a beautiful throaty tone. :)

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Well, for someone who wants something discreet, you've picked two of the loudest cans out there.

Scorpion makes some that are less loud (hint: they don't have the word "extreme" in their names). Best bet is to find one that comes with a removable baffle.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What can you compare the scorpion with db killer in to?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The Street Extreme is loud...without the dB Killer it's one of the loudest exhausts available (while retaining a good sound). With the dB Killer installed, it's comparable to a Yoshi without its dB Killer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the holeshot, I liked it, not crazy loud, but aggresive enough. You can listen to a sound clip on youtube, search patrickmical. See what you think.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Devil, D&D, Holeshot, Leo Vince, Two Brothers, M4 ...would all be at the top of the list of loudest pipes! ;)

I have a Devil (louder than any other exhaust I have heard on a SV), and I cut my can in half for my under tail setup....it will be one step up from a stait pipe! :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hindles sounded great... and real loud when going wide open.. but a little more civil than the M4 while idling and pulling away from a stoplight by cops not by very much though... and it was probably because it is a lower tone... it was real deep and mean sounding... but, it too is a loud pipe.. deafening on the dyno infact... but I did like the sound of it...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Chop the muff;er first to see how that sounds. It will only cost you about $30.00 and about four hours.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is there no exhaust out there that just sounds...good. Not loud as hell screaming hey look at me coppers. Anyone have renegade pipes on a second gen? I have heard them on a 1st gen, sounded pretty good, not to loud just deep.
Any other options I'm missing? Theres gotta be a good quality, tame exhaust out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there no exhaust out there that just sounds...good. Not loud as hell screaming hey look at me coppers. Anyone have renegade pipes on a second gen? I have heard them on a 1st gen, sounded pretty good, not to loud just deep.
Any other options I'm missing? Theres gotta be a good quality, tame exhaust out there.
I like mine, not too loud, nice and deep, listen to it at youtube, search patrickmical, it sounds even better in person. HoleShot. high mount.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you can get a different tip for the 2 bros that quiets it down a little. but it is more quiet than the scorpion. I love my 2 bros exhaust, but I do wear ear plugs most of the time when I ride.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a leo vince high mount and I love it. I don't think it's too loud.
The bf has a Yoshi and I don't like it. It's way too loud for me!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Two Bros sells a silencer that reduces the noise 2-3 dB says their site.

Edited for spelling.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts