Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I im in need of forks for my '03 SV650. I have searched around and really looking to find something without breaking my wallet! After buying the front wheel, cluster, headlight setup, and (possibly) triple clamp/steering stem setup, it looks like I'll spend more than the bike is worth! So much for the "Sweet deal" I got on a bike with "minor" damage!!

Can someone tell me what make/year/model bikes will fit the '03 SV so that I can search for more than just SV650 forks or am I looking for trouble putting something different up front? Thanks...

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Depends how soon you are trying to get the setup, but I am most likely going to sell a whole SV front end (forks with traxxion kit and springs, triples, fender, wheel/rotors) after my race season is over.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not in a huge rush but Im thinking all that may be a little expensive! I just need forks with triple clamps most likely. Let me know and thanks for the response!

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
oh damn that hurt.

im in fresno too! if you need a hand with anything im more than willing to help. ive got a stock exhaust too, it looks like your gonna need one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
oh damn that hurt.

im in fresno too! if you need a hand with anything im more than willing to help. ive got a stock exhaust too, it looks like your gonna need one.
The header has a really minor bend so not sure quite yet about the exhaust. Only good thing is that it was not dropped, only bent up front (well, if that's a "good'' thing). Haha

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
im just gonna throw mine in the trash, i was hanging onto it just in case, and figured you wouldnt mind having it lol

we got bike night tonight at cycle gear, you should come out

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im just gonna throw mine in the trash, i was hanging onto it just in case, and figured you wouldnt mind having it lol

we got bike night tonight at cycle gear, you should come out

Thanks for te offer.. and The invite. I'm "bikeless" at this point other than the wrecked SV Im starting to rebuild. Hopefully I can get it up and running quick. I've had more bikes than I can remember in the past 15 years but promised my wife I'd stop after a close friend had a tragic collision on his bike. I sold my 600rr and gsxr750 and have not ridden since. Didnt plan on buying another bike but could not pass on this one. Only SV ive ridden is my friends 04 SV1000 years ago. Hopefully the 650 will do me well for awhile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sooooooo.. I FINALLY finished this thing (well, almost)... I want to offer a special thanks to Shileds_00si for the help with the forks. They work beautifully! After hours and hours of re fitting everything and replacing this and that, its all back together. The Dekelvic light looks sweet to me. Unfortunately, the front wheel, as I feared is bent. Very slightly but enough to feel. Any leads here on a stock front wheel? Thank you for all the posts on this forum that helped me rebuild this bike into something great. As soon as I get the wheel thing squared away, I'll be good to go. Just in time for winter! hahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts