Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do a track day next month. I already have a set of Joe Rocket leather pants and I need a leather jacket that will zip to the pants.

What are some of the decent, yet inexspensive leather jackets out there?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully 150 or less and I would go used if it was in decent shape. Need a 48us / XL black jacket.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
You know where to look man, check the sales section, ebay, craigslist etc...

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been doing that, but wondered if there were any new models worth the money.

Eveyone in the used section here is either tiny, midget like or jumbo ox like. Cant find one that is "just right"

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Yeah that's the usual problem when searching for used. Are you in a time crunch? Do you need one right away?

If not, be patient, one will come up eventually. I always lurke around the Sales section, I'll keep an eye out for you too.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an older model Spartan leather jacket I could part with. It's in great shape. Size large. PM me if you'd like pictures or more info. I'd be looking for about $100 + ship.
Is it a tight large? I have big shoulders and chest so XL is usually where my size range falls.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Is it a tight large? I have big shoulders and chest so XL is usually where my size range falls.
It fits me a bit loose compared to my 46euro/56US A* jacket, so it's big large I'd say compared to most. I can get my measurements and then let you know how much space I have all around with it on

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bilt trackstar racing jacket... usually like 230... picked it up on sale at cycle gear for like 179... I mean its BILT, but its alright. Reviews had a lot of complaints about the zipper breaking, but I think theyve fixed it. I havent had one issue. Very comfortable. Could probably use some better pads but great deal for the money. They also have some cheaper ones that arent "racing" jackets. I've gotten a lot of crap for getting a BILT jacket, but i don't care. Its cheap, and keeps me safe, and it looks pretty damn good too... I don't do track days but it was basically the same price as the lower end ones being on sale, and its safer, so I figured just go with that. 5 year warranty as well... anything goes wrong just bring it into cycle gear and they'll replace on the spot if they have your size.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I've read good stuff about xelement jackets.

From personal experience I'd stay far away from their pants though.

I *think* off1 knows about these, but I'm not positive. Might ask him.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is it a simple thing to have the zipper sewn into the jacket?

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
See - that's why I pay you the big money! My biggest concern was buying somthing inexpensive that would wind up being cheap.

I usually waste more time shopping and wasting all the money I save on the items I buy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lawl. I'd get the JR jacket personally. If you already have JR pants, then odds are the zippers will match up, which means if you buy a different brand you won't have to deal with the hassle of taking it to a seamstress to alter the zippers which isn't expensive mind you, just a pain.

MCgear, mc-superstore, mccloseouts, revzilla, and sportbiketrackear are my first go to deal shops. Takes me 10 minutes to find a deal on gear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts