Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
I have a Cortech/Tourmaster 18 ltr.
Tiny tank bags ,are like tiny purses = worthless. :)
Not completely true. You must accessorize with several bags of varying sizes
to make your fashion statement:naughty:

·
Greetings Program
6,273 Posts
I have the V1 Bilt expandable. It actually works quite well. I didn't know they'd made a V2 whick appears to actually resolve one of the few issues I have with using mine when expanded, so might have to "upgrade" someday...

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/bilt-v2-expander-tank-bag

Issue was that the expansion on the V1 is at the bottom of the bag, making it less stable when expanded. Looks like they moved that to the top, so it should stay more stable. Holds quite a bit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm considering a rapid transit recon 19. Anyone have any experience with them. My main concern is whether or not it'll obstruct my riding position. I have an SVS with shorter than stock bar risers and bikemaster superbike bars so my bars are a few inches power than a stock naked.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Also consider a backpack. Feels to awkward riding with a bag on the tank to me. GL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Also consider a backpack. Feels to awkward riding with a bag on the tank to me. GL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Feels more awkward riding with a bag on my back, but to each his own. I have been riding 50 years, and almost every mile has been with a largish tank bag in front of me. What can I say? Ya get used to it. I need the tallish fly screen on my SVN to keep it stable when loaded, as it's old and floppy. I carry a long sleeve insulated bicycle jersey, tights, an insulated bicycle vest, some bicycle arm warmers and an assortment of gloves with me at all times. And food, water, wallet, phone, clear sunglasses, bandanas, glasses wipes and I have room to spare. First gen Cortech 21L magnetic. Still going strong after 10 years and 3 bikes. Motorcycles are useless if you can't travel on them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts