Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the web (and this site) for a picture of an ASV brake lever on a naked SV650. I've seen plenty of ASV clutch lever pictures, but none on the brake side. If you have one showing the brake side, I would appreciate it if you posted it up here.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Sorry. This is as close up as I have.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I realize you said "naked", but not sure if you meant stock naked or converted naked. I'm helping as much as you can.

Why only pics of the brake lever side? Usually it's the clutch people have problems with. :dontknow:
Thanks to everyone for the pictures and replies. I was looking for a picture of the brake side because I wanted to see if it replaces the brake fluid reservoir. The naked bikes have the block style reservoirs, so I'm assuming I would have to switch to cup type... or does this just replace the lever and not whole assembly like it does on the clutch side? Pardon my ignorance!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I don't understand why...

A) Levers are so expensive

B) I consider them so freaking sweet.

C) I'm considering them as a future mod despite the ridiculous cost.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why only pics of the brake lever side? Usually it's the clutch people have problems with. :dontknow:
Exactly! I got my ASV levers (short brake/regular clutch) a while back and still haven't been able to get the clutch lockout switch to work. Any suggestions? I tried replacing the switch but nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I didn't have any problems with my clutch lever. IIRC the lever came with a little tab that you had to install before installing the lever. The lever came with different tabs for different bikes. Maybe that's the problem?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
one thing I don't get is how they claim their levers are unbreakable because they fold on impact. They fold in the wrong way (forwards) instead of upwards. If you look at broken levers you'll see most of them snap because they are being bent upwards, not forward.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
but that won't help me on saturday night qualifying for a sunday race, or when I'm 2000 miles away from home in the twisties.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts