Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
hope everyone is well and safe, would any of you happen to have laying around a fuel pump assembly for an 2005.
assembly and pump.
Let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was sold, but I kept an eye on ebay and found one from a yard in florida.
Will post back once I get the bike running, it has been entertaining.

Bike with only 7k miles on it, tank was line, like a kinder gardener did it..there was still rust and crap inside the tank that went trhough the pump and i guess it damaged the pump. the vacuum hose were filled with dirt, chain was rusted for sitting out in a car port, front tire gone, little dig here and there, but all stock, finally its getting all together. hopefully it will come back to life this weekend.

Long story short, do not let your bike seat for 9 years running it only once maybe ever 2 years, things get jack up. Gas was all gunky, it had good bones and eveything else seems fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Totally feel for you, just fixed up an SV with wasted fuel as well. Thankfully I was able to buy a cheap pump, clean the assembly, and found a good deal on a clean tank.

Hope you got a good deal on that pump! They go for a pretty penny lol. Best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got it running, new pump (ebay) arrive for $230...the tank was lined before but some spots at the top of the tank were not, the lines inside the tank were not either and the rust was seating there, use some vinager and muratic acid while I waited for the pump, change plugs, oil, front tire, battery and the bike is as good as new after the new pump.

I am dumping some seafoam as the valves top looked dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts